xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error 13 Dashboard Error  (Read 1059 times)

Jeff Miller

• Archived User
Error 13 Dashboard Error
« on: May 02, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »

Here's  the deal.  I had my box softmodded with mechassault.  I had UnleashX as my dashboard.  Everything was nice.  Well, one day I got a system failure message or something.  So, like an idiot a friend and i tried taking the files off of his box and replacing mine with them with FlashFXP, i dont know why we did it i knew it was going to be trouble. BUT, we did it.  Now, if there is no game in the xbox then i intantly get error 13.  i DO NOT want to buy a hard mod. There HAS to be a way to fix this problem.  i dont think i can FTP to my box because the error 13 pops up before it gets an IP (i think). I called xbox customer support and of corse they was me to send it in for 80 bucks.... dont think so.  now if they can fix this problem, then so can we. if anyone has enough knowledge to fix this problem WITHOUT a hard mod, i would greatly apreciate it.  thank you all.

krayzie

• Archived User
Error 13 Dashboard Error
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »

there are many ways to fix it. Main thing is to not unplug it right now as that will stop you from loading original games.

-option 1: pop in your exploitable game and load the save and gain ftp acces and restore the C drive
-option 2 (if option 1 doesn't work): Hotswap to xboxhdm. there are like a million tuts around for this