xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Making Xbmc Default Dash  (Read 904 times)

rockerphucker

• Archived User
Making Xbmc Default Dash
« on: March 12, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »

how do i make xbmc my defult dashboard that boots up when i start up my xbox? i installed blackwars installer w/ unleashX but i want to change it to xbmc.
thanks!

mlrtime

• Archived User
Making Xbmc Default Dash
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 07:04:00 PM »

I'd also like to know if anyone could give a run-down of how to do this....

thanks

BlackWar

• Archived User
Making Xbmc Default Dash
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(mlrtime @ Mar 13 2005, 05:34 PM)
I'd also like to know if anyone could give a run-down of how to do this....

thanks

sorry for not repling sooner on this. All you have to do is go into the E:\CurrentDash folder and delete the default.xbe and other files in there, and place the xbmc files in there, and be sure to rename the xbmc xbe file to default.xbe. There is one important thing to remember though: Be sure to do this all in one shot! if you remove the default.xbe file in the CurrentDash folder and then shut down the xbox, your xbox will frag apon reboot! This is a common risk that all softmodders have to deal with though, and as long as you have the gamesave exploit itself still on the xbox, and you screw it up, all you have to do is run the re-install option to fix it.

mlrtime

• Archived User
Making Xbmc Default Dash
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 06:59:00 PM »

That is pretty straight forward, I would add two more suggestions:

1)  Make sure and put the XboxMediaCenter.xml file in that directory too, I *think* this is needed.
2)  In xboxmediacenter.xml edit the path to the dashboard home to get back to either the original ms dash or the xc dash.