xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mednafenx-nes V10  (Read 1930 times)

sotu

• Archived User
Mednafenx-nes V10
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020, 04:49:00 PM »

Great job Madmab and co for the update and continued efforts to make our emu setups as cool and comprehensive as they possibly can be.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Mednafenx-nes V10
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2020, 06:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Aug 25 2008, 09:32 PM) *

Well now that I think about it as nifty and neat my idea sounds I think it'd be better to go with your original idea.  Have it ask the user if they wanna copy the screen size settings over to all configurations if they happen to change it.  I think that would make for less confusion on the users part.

Now at the moment that particular routine saves some other information (like filter, etc).  I can list them later.  But essentially I can just have it read that info in, change the screen size settings (and any other settings we feel appropriate) and save them.

Yeah.  That sounds great.  Something where any of the changes anyone would likely make could all be handled that way where you have the option to make the change on either just the one game if you do it in-game or to all games if you do it from the main menu.  

Another main motivating factor (the reason I brought it up the other night in the first place) was because somehow a bunch of my NES games were the wrong screen size.  (I think I was boozin' a bit and didn't notice that the bottom was slightly cut off until the next day)  After changing the screen size in the main menu, all new games that I opened for the first time for testing were sized perfect, but the hundreds that were messed up would all have had to have been changed by hand.  I opted instead to just delete every folder in the saves and start over.  (what a pain in the ass).  This would eliminate this completely as well in the future.

Personally, I don't think that I would really use any other settings change other than the screen size, but I'm not suggesting you don't extend this ability to other settings too.  I know that quite a few folks talk about the filter and other things.  I've just never really noticed the difference much myself, at least during gameplay, although it is obvious when somebody shows a screenshot of different filters side-by-side.  

I'm glad that it sounds like this should be an easy fix for you.  Hopefully it's not too hard to put into the other emulators as well.

Let me know when you want me to test it out,
~Rx
Pages: 1 [2]