xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Xbox Game Saves Work on Xbox 360  (Read 3877 times)

Romps

• Archived User
Xbox Game Saves Work on Xbox 360
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2006, 05:09:00 AM »

This would be great news if they could find a way to make it easier to transfer saves over.
For all those games u dont want to beat again.
It shows the hypervisor dont check everything going on if he could get a saved game to work from xbox to 360
But ive not read if he removed the signing from the origanal xbox save ?

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2006, 05:10:00 AM »

I just wanted to point out, that if the holes hadn't been fixed properly, the exploits load PBL and a hacked BIOS.  What good would that do us inside of an emulator?  Nothing.  I'd still like to see it attempted though.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2006, 05:14:00 AM »

For the people commenting on the fact that 007 and Mech can't be run, you're forgetting at the time these exploits were being released the group of hackers stated this exploit could be run in many games, it's just that 3 was enough. Therefore even if all the previously exploited games weren't runnable then they could release one of these saves that up till now hasn't been released.

DivyX

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2006, 07:02:00 AM »

I think it would be very big mistake not to test these things in practice.
There's been some "it won't work" theories in the past but then it actually were possible/worked.
Wasn't that past 130gb hd or something one example of that sort??

Anyway, we'd be foolish not to try this
because of speculation which is never ending until proven right or wrong. So to you all who ever have the means now to test these things, Please do so and report your findings back.  We have so little weaponry and ?lack of deep knowledge? that i think everything in above sense must be tried.  pop.gif

mksoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »

The exploit will most likely not work! However, we could always try wink.gif

Tomobobo

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2006, 07:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(M-K-E! @ Jan 8 2006, 08:12 AM) View Post

why does everyone thing the splinter cell gamesave exploits will work?...
and have you ever tried to run the SC exploit with the live updates installed?  it takes you to the dash and says contact MS... why wouldnt ms include that part in the emu file you get from live...

Dude, are you dumb?  How do you think we get softmodded 1.6s? The splinter cell exploit works on every dash version.  Krazies softmod installer, that works..  so, maybe the splinter cell exploit will work on the 360.  Don't say it doesn't work untill someone gives you a video showing them put the damn game in, try to run it and it fails.  Untill then, try it for yourself, or let the pros go to work.

OpticNurv

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tomobobo @ Jan 8 2006, 07:06 AM) View Post

Dude, are you dumb?  How do you think we get softmodded 1.6s? The splinter cell exploit works on every dash version.  Krazies softmod installer, that works..  so, maybe the splinter cell exploit will work on the 360.  Don't say it doesn't work untill someone gives you a video showing them put the damn game in, try to run it and it fails.  Untill then, try it for yourself, or let the pros go to work.

DAMN RIGHT FIGHT THE POWE......  blink.gif oops, i just pooped a little....

seriously though, that's the additude that'll get the 360 hacked, it works until proven otherwise!

ViNCe_V

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tomobobo @ Jan 8 2006, 04:06 PM) View Post

How do you think we get softmodded 1.6s?

Maybe I was out of whack when this occured. Cause as far as I know, the v1.6 boxes could not have a softmod with flashed TSOP and therefore recquired modchips. Also, while we should never really assume anything, I think it would only be smart to place your money on the fact that MS coded the EMULATOR to avoid the type of softmod's earlier developed. However, who knows, maybe with a little finess, it would be possible to do something with this. I still do think we should try it, just for the hell of it wink.gif But, I think our energies would be better spent on developing a 360 Modchip that can run unsigned code. At which point maybe some group could modify the emulator such that it can run unsigned code as well (HELLO XBMC!). Just my two cents.

pez2k

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2006, 09:17:00 AM »

Softmods and TSOP flashes are two entirely different things. Softmods work by exploiting a loophole in a font or ST.DB on every boot with the stock BIOS, while a TSOP flash is replacing the actual contents of the TSOP chip on the motherboard with a new BIOS.

Also, I doubt anything will come of the old hacked saves, am I right in thinking that the 360 is even protected against buffer overflows? Anyway, anything that has been done to the original Xbox will nearly definitely be patched on the 360, I'd guess even in the emulation, MS aren't daft. Well, aren't that daft.

One other thing I'm wondering, how do HDD-signed saves like Forza work on the 360? Does the actual HDD have a key again of the same format, or is one emulated? It might be worth a try swapping a 360-created Forza save to a different 360 as an experiment. I'd try it, except I don't even own a single 360, never mind a pair. It isn't of any importance I suppose, but it'd be a tiny bit more information on how the 360 does things at least.

JimmyGoon

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

Angerwound: How are Legacy Xbox gamesaves organized on the 360?

Whats the chance of sneeking one in with a 360 gamesave and copying it and not having the 360 know?

DivyX

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

Unfortunately i don't know anything about how the first gen xbox emulation works in 360. Is it software based only or did they do some additional hardware to do the job? Dunno sadly sad.gif
As some1 already pointed out, the emulation part of the 360 would be of great if it could be hacked 'cause of xbmc alone. Nevertheless does any1 know whats the relation with the emulator and hypervisor, how separately does the emulation run in 360 or does hypervisor for example affect it?

M-K-E!

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tomobobo @ Jan 8 2006, 04:06 PM) View Post

yes, the splinter cell exploit does work on all dashboard's...unless you have the live updates for splinter cell installed, ie so you can download the new levels...

Emerica

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »

Well its a sad day for Xbox live if this is working.
If your writing together guides for this please make it as complicated as possible so the general public cant hack up thier gamesaves.

s00pcan

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(Emerica @ Jan 8 2006, 07:09 PM) View Post

Well its a sad day for Xbox live if this is working.
If your writing together guides for this please make it as complicated as possible so the general public cant hack up thier gamesaves.

This is the General Technical Hacking Discussion, not the "i here u can h4x h410 ez!' n00b board. Hacking gamesaves to cheat is already possible and has already been done on the xbox 1. If you remember, there was a reload hack for halo 2 gamesaves. You don't need to worry about the general public being able to hack gamesaves, because the general public is stupid and do not have modded xboxes. This way of getting them on the 360 is even more complicated, not that it makes much of a difference, and the native xbox 360 gamesaves are signed to each console and profile, according to earlier in this thread. Also, you're, not your.

M-K-E!

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(RocketMBA @ Jan 8 2006, 07:02 PM) View Post

It's never done that for me.

really...anyone else have that not happen? it happens to me all the time if the person had previously download the levels...if i try to run the game, even if i cold boot it with the game in there it will immediatly go to the dash and say there's a problem with the disc....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5