xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Confidential "boot Disc"?  (Read 2706 times)

crosseye

• Archived User
Confidential "boot Disc"?
« on: December 07, 2005, 06:39:00 PM »

It looks like someone at MS accidentally left a boot disc in a repaired 360. IF this turns out to be true, someone needs to get over there and PM this guy with an offer QUICK. The people at TXB will have it recovered by MS in no time with all their ebay talk.

http://forum.teamxbo...ad.php?t=398926

frOOt lOOps

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

well this guy should help out the seen. what a fool maybe that could have some vital security information that needs to be used to hack/crack xbox360. if it was me i would have shut up maybee give the disc a try then go on this forum and contact some admins or even better signup for teamxecuter.com's forums and send a pm to one of the team members, don't make it  to public then send it to one of those guys who are trying to hack the xbox 360

modthebox.tk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »

I say whatever it takes we need to get that disk! Who knows what it has! Info on everything...

THE SIGNING CODE!!! MAYBE????

WE NEED TO GET THAT DISK BY ANY MEANS NECCESSARY. THAT THING IS FREAKING GOLD!!!!!!

Pofis

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »

here is the attached image of that thread so that you don't have to register to see it:

*** update ****

modthebox.tk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »

damnit don't those idiots over there realize that it might be something more than demos...

ughh.... I feel nausea... I just want him to bring it to us.. he doesn't get in troubel gets money and while he is at it helps the whole modding community..

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 09:29:00 PM »

I sent him a PM to see if he's interested, but he may not have the disk anyway. It takes so long between his posts it almost seems he's searching for images or something. However, if he does have a disk, even if it is ONLY a test disc, there could be important stuff on there. Why are more people not even looking in this thread. This could potentially be huge.

MickRaider

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(crosseye @ Dec 7 2005, 10:29 PM) View Post

Why are more people not even looking in this thread. This could potentially be huge.
Because at the moment it's all just speculation. Sure it would be great if the disk had all the information to get to the internal workings of the 360, but the people who repair the xbox's most likely don't have access to it.

I think the people speculating it's a stress test disk are probably correct.

Edit: Lol at the picture of the guy wearing a cowboy hat playing xbox

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »

this is seeming to be a bust dry.gif

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »

Whats the point of those last pics? Like they would include a pic of the motherboard and stuff, lmao. if its a repair disc, it just flashes the firmware, set partitions to hd. Not filled with mb pics or some 360 cowboy  huh.gif

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »

yeah, that's what lost my interest I think. He has posted pics of the CD with random stuff on there for no reason. It has a Visual studio.JPG....wth would MS need a visual studio.JPG for?

Vegita

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 09:55:00 PM »

Perhaps it's just an official media test disc to verify the media player functions work... interesting how someone threw on their personal pictures.

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

I smell bullshit

Vegita

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 10:07:00 PM »

Maybe he made fake screenshots to reduce the hype after he realized he had something infinitely valuable.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

RocketMBA

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »

That's possible... But so is Villa winning the league.

Also, why is the file containing the picture of the "motherboard" named "MOTHER BOARD"?
Pages: [1] 2 3