xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possible Iso Loader Theory  (Read 889 times)

Cheater912

• Archived User
Possible Iso Loader Theory
« on: November 27, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »

I was thinking lately about how the 360 checks to see if the game is still in the DVD drive. Swapping the game out is a possible solution, but the 360 still needs to spin it up once in a while to get some checksums. A possible solution that I've been thinking about would be to hook up the 360 directly into the computer using the SATA cable. A program would be run on the PC which will require you to load an ISO into it. It has to listen to the port where the 360 is connected and sub as a DVD drive, sending the ISO data to the 360, just like it would if it was the real disk. I'm pretty sure that this IS possible to do and that the coding will not be near-impossible at all. A disk wouldn't even be required to dump the game either.

Other thoughts:
Maybe a modchip that's also wired to a USB port on the 360 with a hard drive connected to it. I don't know how it will load the right ISO though.

I mean backup loader when I say that, of course (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Any opinions or ideas are appreciated. I'll add them to this post if you have any.

This post has been edited by Cheater912: Nov 28 2008, 06:10 AM

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »

no. cant see it happening without unsigned code of some sort.

gb2 hacking skool.

Cheater912

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(jimjom @ Nov 28 2008, 06:10 AM) *

no. cant see it happening without unsigned code of some sort.

gb2 hacking skool.

What do you mean by that? The 360 won't have to be modded in any way. The only thing needed is a program that listens to the SATA port and knows when the 360 is asking for a checksum.

This post has been edited by Cheater912: Nov 28 2008, 06:15 AM

unknown218

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 07:45:00 AM »

I can see it maybe happening, but the software won't be that easy if possible at all.  My suggestion as a step 1 to all this is to get a dvd5 disc to boot a game install on the harddrive, some make think that is dumb but for people like me that buy the retail to back it up, making a nice little boot disc dvd would be a hell of a lot better then ripping and burning 8gb dl dvd, which are more expensive anyways.

torne

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »

You can't connect a PC to an Xbox via SATA, they are both host ports. You would have to build a SATA target emulator device, as in this thread: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=665543