xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help With The Bittorrent Plugin!  (Read 840 times)

Doodmar

• Archived User
Help With The Bittorrent Plugin!
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

I just reinstalled xbmc with the caps off (thx akm2b) and it worked!

Now I just gotta get better Dl speeds.

KidOtaku

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2004, 08:51:00 PM »

Hey everyone,

I installed the bittorrent script, and it seems to work, as I can see the downloaded file size increasing on the disk. However, I can't seem to get to the download progress page, supposedly reached by pressing the white button, according to the documentation.

Anybody knows why it doesn't work? Could it be because I'm using a recent version of XBMC?

Thanks guys!

harrypotter333

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »

try and copy keymap.xml from your previous build to your recent build, worked for me

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2004, 08:25:00 AM »

White should get you there, but word of advice: If you try to look at script output while the xbox is Checking Existing File, it will probably freeze/crash..  

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

Get the Torrent Browser. It can be found here:

http://dwl.xboxmediacenter.de/index.php?su...119391c44227471

This post has been edited by Master-Chief: Dec 15 2004, 09:47 PM

8itgreat

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »

this script is a nice idea but in theory who the hell wants to leave their xbox on for days at a time downloading large files...can just do that on a computer...for small files i guess its cool but bit torrent take forever to download large items

just my two cents

Mephiska

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (8itgreat @ Dec 16 2004, 12:44 AM)
this script is a nice idea but in theory who the hell wants to leave their xbox on for days at a time downloading large files...can just do that on a computer...for small files i guess its cool but bit torrent take forever to download large items

just my two cents

thats why torrent browser is so much better, it browses a certain genre of game torrents over at a certain big torrent site. and it lists them on the screen. you can either 1) save them to your xbox hdd 2)have the script ftp the torrents to your comp. 3)*best of all* have it send to torrent directly to ABC 2.6.9 when you have the abc webservice enabled.

that way, you browse torrents with your xbox, and once you pick a torrent, it sends it to your computer which then spends all of the time downloading. meanwhile youre sitting around playing halo 2.

its a great thing.

philbee

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2005, 07:19:00 PM »

hi guys, i have torrentbrowser.py and it works fine, i pick my file and it says saving torrent, then i open bitbox.py and because i have no torrent dir. specified it shows me the e directory, i go to my torrents folder whre mydownload.torrent is saved but bitbox just jumps back to the scripts page with no errors, what am i doing wrong, ive read and followed the posts befrore this one and im sooo close .

philbee

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2005, 07:16:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif  now, when i select a torrent it goes back to the scripts directory and bitbox.py has runing written beside it and there are no indicators of whats happening, the xbox isint frozen and the lan led is lighting every so often, what am i missing here? ps.thanks in advance for any help.  pps im pressing the white button but nothing is happening, still says running

philbee

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »

it is working as i can see the file downloading into my downloads section but still nothing when i press the white button, would be very handy to be able to see how long left etc. great script all the same and thanks for it.  :beer:

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(philbee @ Mar 31 2005, 03:32 AM)
it is working as i can see the file downloading into my downloads section but still nothing when i press the white button, would be very handy to be able to see how long left etc. great script all the same and thanks for it.  :beer:

Yes that would be a nice update!

AOforever1

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(8itgreat @ Dec 15 2004, 08:48 PM) View Post

just my two cents

Well I have two cents on that too.
Xbox only takes up 72 watts of power. My rigs takes up 400 watts... thats a big save on my electric bill!
Pages: 1 [2]