xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How To Enable G Drive Using Krazie Ndure  (Read 3291 times)

silentbob343

• Archived User
How To Enable G Drive Using Krazie Ndure
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Aug 11 2006, 12:02 AM) *

Quick and Dirty F & G Drive Format Tutorial

1. Start XBpartitioner

2. Under 'Extended Partitions' if you have anything listed in green, highlight the first option, then click down on the Right Analog Stick, to disable it. Do the same for the other one. If you don't see anything, exit by pressing Back, then back again, then skip to step 4.

3. Press Start then Y to save, now what was green should now be gone and greyed out. Now press Back, then press back again to exit.

4. Restart XBpartitioner, then press A to cycle through available options for the partitions under 'Extended Partitions'. (Top option is F, bottom option is G.)

5. Once you have chosen the setup that you want, Press Start then Y to save. Then press Back, then Back again to exit.

If all went well, you should now have the F and G drives setup the way you wanted them to be.

Also, be sure to have 'Enable F Drive' and 'Enable G Drive' set to Yes if you are using Evox.

Frosty, I have done the above and after I remove the F and G partitions I restart XBpartitioner and cycle through the presets so it has F getting 129GB and the rest going to G.  I hit start and Y, it says formating partition 6 and then formating Partition 7, after it is finished I exit out I still only see the F partition in XBMC.

Going to My files in XBMC shows C, E, F and G is "Unavailable".

Maybe this an XBMC problem, but I don't see the G partition in UnleashX went booting up with the exploit either?  I see the changes that I make to the F partition, but no G partition.  Also don't see a G when FTPing in to the box.

Recommendation on other partition tools to try?

This post has been edited by silentbob343: Sep 12 2006, 11:45 PM

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »

You can format using th Extras feature inside the package.

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 12:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Sep 12 2006, 11:58 PM) *

You can format using th Extras feature inside the package.

Thanks for the tip.  It ended being partly my fault, didn't have G enabled in the EvoX dash, and needing to put a file in the G partion to get XBMC to see it correctly.

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Sep 15 2006, 01:20 AM) *

Thanks for the tip.  It ended being partly my fault, didn't have G enabled in the EvoX dash, and needing to put a file in the G partion to get XBMC to see it correctly.

Sorry go bump this, but I just had to do this. I had the same problem.  It works now, though.

Mattybass

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »

sorry to bump, but i have a 200GB maxtor drive and with XBpartitioner i used option 1 and only got the F drive but i have 189 GB on it and 3.5 on the e and 170 mb on the C so do i need a G drive? it look like i got all the space, unless im confused...  dry.gif

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

You can put all on F... but it's known to corrupt the partition sometimes if you go higher than 137 gigs.  wink.gif  It's recommended you put the rest on G, but not really required.

stoatie_weasel

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »

The last release of xbpartitioner automatically uses clusters of 32k when formatting drives above 250GB. I have a 300GB drive with all my games on F: filled to max and have never had any problems.
Pages: 1 [2]