xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How To Enable G Drive Using Krazie Ndure  (Read 3321 times)

deshman

• Archived User
How To Enable G Drive Using Krazie Ndure
« on: August 10, 2006, 05:34:00 PM »

I have used SID and Krazie (i prefer krazie) but I cannot find out how to enable the G drive.  I did it through the settings in teh softmod where is says "Enable F drive" [yes] and Enable G drive [yes], but nothing is working.  thx in advance.

jonels

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 06:11:00 PM »

I think the older Krazies installers (UXE) were based on th Nkpatcher06   .. F: only ,but now the newer krazie ndure installers are Nkpatcher67  ...F: to @137GB  G: on the rest. So enable you're F: and G: drives in you're dash settings and then re-format them.

deshman

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

they version that I have says that i can revert back to teh .06 later, so i will assume that it is installing the .67 bios.  I readied this harddrive with xboxhdm, but it doesn't have the option to format G:.  I formatted G: throught the krayzie tools, with no luck.

also....i am used to SID where everything is clean and clear and there is no "shadowed c: drive".  I can't find where i can delete the evox files and install my xbmc.  I'm not a n00b at this, but it's starting to irritate me.

When i boot the the Avalauch dash it can see the G drive, but when I FTP to it...it's not there.  ALso when I boot to the extra tools, it's not there.  It's also not there when i boot to XBMC.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by deshman: Aug 11 2006, 01:32 AM

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »

Download XBpartitioner from the usual places, and use it to format your F & G drives. Just make sure you are willing to lose whatever you have on your F drive before doing this. If you need instructions on using XBpartitioner, post here and I will walk you through it.

deshman

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

looks complicated.  Do you mind walking me through it?

thx in advance!

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 07:30:00 PM »

Okay, I will write a quick tutorial. Check back here in about an hour.

deshman

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »

i was playing around with it and it seems that i now have a 183GB F: drive.  I actually prefer a larger F drive instead of F and G drives.  I am still interested in your tut.  Thank you for the help.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »

Quick and Dirty F & G Drive Format Tutorial

1. Start XBpartitioner

2. Under 'Extended Partitions' if you have anything listed in green, highlight the first option, then click down on the Right Analog Stick, to disable it. Do the same for the other one. If you don't see anything, exit by pressing Back, then back again, then skip to step 4.

3. Press Start then Y to save, now what was green should now be gone and greyed out. Now press Back, then press back again to exit.

4. Restart XBpartitioner, then press A to cycle through available options for the partitions under 'Extended Partitions'. (Top option is F, bottom option is G.)

5. Once you have chosen the setup that you want, Press Start then Y to save. Then press Back, then Back again to exit.

If all went well, you should now have the F and G drives setup the way you wanted them to be.

Also, be sure to have 'Enable F Drive' and 'Enable G Drive' set to Yes if you are using Evox.

jonels

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 01:14:00 AM »

You may find the dashboard is in the f:\dashboard folder. Put whatever dash you want in there. You may want to put unleashx on temporary as that can format you're drives for you (remeber to enable G: in the dash options and restart first) ...not sure if XBMC has a format option, so you may want to sort you're drives before putting that on.

deshman

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »

so if i just wanted to use the XBMC shortcut (like I use with my modded box) how do i do that?  It points to E:\Apps\xbmc.  

Also, is there a different way to retain all space on a large hdd besides using XBpartitioner?  Does xboxhmd or XBMC or Krayzie's do this?

jonels

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »

Krazies Ndure, and other Ndure mods+hard mod bios's use the 67 bios type or 06 type. I see no problem, but if you want bigger than 250GB on the f: partiton you must format the space with larger clusters whatever the mod.. softmod or hardmod.. it's a linux fat sytem problem and limitation imposed by thje original XBOX hardware design. So what is the problem ? You want the mods to completly re-write file systems too ?

I don't get the question to be honest ??? you want mods to completly change the file system laid out by the original hardware and be completly compatable and noob friendly and even invisible to the user at the same time ? I think this is usually termed as you want "sh!t on st1ck"

deshman

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »

^ I dont know what the heck you are talking about and you are reading WAY too much into my question.  I softmodded using Krayzie's Ndure and the .67 bios, but it still wouldn't see > 137GB until I re-partitioned it.  I would be fine with a F: and G: drive, but only the UnleashX that Krayzie's installs could see the G: drive.  I didn't know if there was a better way to install the softmod to retain all GB of the hdd.  How to you guys preform a softmod with a new hdd the quickest?  Here's what I do:

1.  Use Krayzie's to get EEPROM
2.  Burn DVD with already softmodded C and E drive with new EEPROM
3.  Boot to xboxhdm
4.  Unlock hdd
5.  Rebuild C: and E:
5.  Lock hdd
6.  Install hdd and put xbox back together
7.  Boot XBpartitioner and edit F: drive to get full hdd space
8.  Reboot and enjoy

Is there a simpiler/faster way?

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »

If you want space on G you wouild have to format it to get it...

deshman

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

ah, and the best way to format it would be?

i still don't understand why your installer could see the G: drive but XBMC does not.

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(deshman @ Aug 17 2006, 02:00 PM) *

^ I dont know what the heck you are talking about and you are reading WAY too much into my question.  I softmodded using Krayzie's Ndure and the .67 bios, but it still wouldn't see > 137GB until I re-partitioned it.  I would be fine with a F: and G: drive, but only the UnleashX that Krayzie's installs could see the G: drive.  I didn't know if there was a better way to install the softmod to retain all GB of the hdd.  How to you guys preform a softmod with a new hdd the quickest?  Here's what I do:

1.  Use Krayzie's to get EEPROM
2.  Burn DVD with already softmodded C and E drive with new EEPROM
3.  Boot to xboxhdm
4.  Unlock hdd
5.  Rebuild C: and E:
5.  Lock hdd
6.  Install hdd and put xbox back together
7.  Boot XBpartitioner and edit F: drive to get full hdd space
8.  Reboot and enjoy

Is there a simpiler/faster way?

Will XBpartitioner run from XBMC?  I placed it in /E/Apps/XBpartitioner/, the folder has XBpartitioner.xbe, XBpartitioner.nfo, and Source.rar.  When I attempt to run the XBpartitioner.xbe my xbox locks up.

lol nevermind, it is working now.

This post has been edited by silentbob343: Sep 12 2006, 10:41 PM
Pages: [1] 2