xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Eeprom Location After Installing Ndure 3.0?  (Read 1597 times)

insomnia509

• Archived User
Eeprom Location After Installing Ndure 3.0?
« on: March 17, 2006, 04:10:00 PM »

Hey guys, I successfully soft-modded my XBox using this incredible tutorial; but now I'm interested backing up my preeeciiouuuus EEPROM. I installed UNLEASHX+NDURE 3.0 using Xboxhdm as per the tutorial, however I find that other forum tutorials and threads (especially about hard drive replacement) constantly refer to using the EEPROM. Moreover, its emphasized over and over about how important backing up the EEPROM on a PC is. How can I access the EEPROM?

Everything I've read involves using EvoX to backup the EEPROM then FTP the file to a PC. I need a solution where I can keep my Ndure installation intact (which is why I haven't tried installing EvoX yet, I've read that it can conflict with Ndure).

I have an FTP connection between my XBox and my PC, and I haven't been able to find my eeprom, having looked in all of my directories with no luck so far. The ShadowC is hidden, so I have no clue how to access that in order to back up my eeprom onto my PC hard drive.

Need some help here, thanks for taking the time!

Cheers  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

jonels

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »

Yes you're right to be concerned about the eeprom. With this you never need worry about hotswapping or having to fit a mod-chip if you somehow bork you're drive or it go's sour by itself.

Install evox as an app.. put the evox files  in a folder called something like 'evox' then put this folder in either e:\apps or f:\apps (remeber it's the whole folder you put in apps) ...make sure the evoxdash.xbe is renamed to default.xbe (or you're unleashx dash won't find it) and on your next reboot check you're apps and you will see 'evox' there.(this is how to install all apps).

Run evox , goto evox settings/system in evox and run 'backup' this will put you're eeprom.bin file and some others in a sub folder called 'backup' in you're apps\evox folder. Ftp it to your PC and you're all done.

edit.. oh yeh, evox won't harm ndure, don't quite know where you got that from  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by jonels: Mar 18 2006, 01:12 AM

dkchili

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »

jonels you have saved my XBOX! Thankz alot!!. I currently instaled Ndure 3.0 and ive been reading alot on these forums and 80% of all topics tell u to back up ur xbox c: and eeprom. I have been loking all day for this. You just answered my question. Is the evox zip or folder in xbins? If not could u email me at [email protected] and send me the file? thanks..

DK-ChiLi

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(dkchili @ Mar 17 2006, 05:53 PM) *

Is the evox zip or folder in xbins? If not could u email me at *don't post* and send me the file? thanks..

1) yes it is on xbins

2) asking for files will get you banned from this site. use common sense.

dkchili

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »

oops, sorry. im kinda new here but i only new that u cant post files here. Never knew bout askin. SRy!

Ndure protagonist

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »

{...
Or use the Ndure Tookset, which is included with Ndure 3.0, to backup the EEPROM (to E:\apps\evox\backup\eeprom.bin)
...}

dkchili

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 06:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ndure protagonist @ Mar 18 2006, 01:48 AM) *

{...
Or use the Ndure Tookset, which is included with Ndure 3.0, to backup the EEPROM (to E:\apps\evox\backup\eeprom.bin)
...}

I dont thing i have the Ndure Toolset. Is it somewere hidden or do i have to install it seperatly?

insomnia509

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 11:07:00 PM »

dkchili - the Ndure toolset is included with the installation of Ndure. E\ndts\  Move or copy that directory into your E\Apps\ directory then refresh your Applications list in the Ndure main menu. Running Ndure Toolset requires a reboot I believe, and it lets you access your ShadowC among other things; however you can do damage while in this mode so do so at your own risk.

I used the Ndure toolset and still didn't manage to find my bloody EEPROM, grrr...  I installed ConfigMagic and that worked for me. There is an option to create a backup, which worked just fine, included a "print out" txt file of important system information; pretty slick if you ask me!  Beware anyone who'd use ConfigMagic or Ndure Toolset, you can do damage while using either! Ye have been warned.

Thanks a lot for the info guys!

love.gif

Ndure protagonist

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »

{<
kingroach changed ndts from being in /E/apps/ (in 2.1) to /E/ (in 3.0).  If you copy it to somewhere else and run it from there instead, then it will work the same (as it will still find what it looks for in /E/ndts) but it wont if you move it...
>}

perkypat

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 06:14:00 AM »

Could you back up the EEPROM by booting from the Slayer 2.6 disk and running the back up option given? Where would it put the EEPROM?

I am a bit confused, I did the hotswap Ndure thing. I am not sure how well it worked. The Xbox booted the M$ dash and says disk is full or something. I booted with the slayer 2.6 disk and can FTP the Xbox okay. I am backing everything up but am wondering how to get the EEPROM. My app folder is empty, is it meant to be after an Ndure install?

kingroach

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 07:41:00 AM »

Ndure installed right.. you are booting to ms dash because the time in your xbox is not recent. Set the time in ms dash and you  will boot to unleashx. You can install evox to apps folder in E drive and if you use backup option in evox, the eeprom will be in e:\apps\evox\backup folder.

perkypat

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 02:53:00 AM »

Thanks, I figured it out and all is working great! Now with the EEPROM backed up, I feel safe!

I guess it isn't too tricky to stick a larger HD in there with the EEPROM right? Is xboxhdm the best way to go? Is it possible to do it via the xbox or will that not work with a softmod?

I can't believe how amazing it is softmodding an Xbox!

kingroach

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 07:42:00 AM »

xboxhdm is the best way.. First disable shadowc by running E:\ndts\default.xbe ( or running ndure toolset from system menu). Then with ftp download C and E drive from xbox and the eeprom and make a xboxhdm disk with that.

perkypat

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

Cool, thanks Kingroach. Why does shadowc need to be disabled?

Assuming I don't need to back anything up, could I just plug my new larger disk into my PC and boot from xboxhdm/ndure disk containing my EEPROM, make it an xbox drive then just stick it in the xbox and boot it up? If that doesn't work then I think i'm missing something!

Also, is a bigger disk okay as it might get hotter if it spins faster?

kingroach

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »

that would work too.. if you copy files from xbox and make a new hd with those files then you can have the settings and gamesaves of current har drive..