xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Uxe Autoinstaller English  (Read 4015 times)

TNHitokiri

• Archived User
Uxe Autoinstaller English
« on: March 14, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »

I spent some time making a UXE installer in English which is a translated version of the one made by Team Guex so creds go to them.. Just to let everyone know that there is a UXE installer that can be found in the usual places in English.. So please leave comments about it here..

It CAN be found on the usual places and it will work. Questions will be answered and this is meant to be a support thread..  biggrin.gif

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »

isn't that package like outdated? why would anyone make an english translation from that.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 03:13:00 PM »

how many installers do we need?

TNHitokiri

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »

Ok, the french was outdated so i took the liberty of updating it to UXE .21.. it has font packages 61 and 71 and the nkpatchers for 06 and 67 hds to Krazie

Daddyj, this is the only UXE autoinstaller that can be found in the usual places right now.. ill be glad to answer more questions

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »

you think editig to english and updating the fonts wouldn't make it outdated? It still hasn't got any of the virtual stuff/nkpatcher10 which is released for several months now. And where did you get the idea it is the only english UXE installer. Mine is there and also the Installer Deluxe (which is outdated too).

This post has been edited by krayzie: Mar 15 2005, 07:45 AM

OliG

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 01:08:00 AM »

tongue.gif  blink.gif
Come back ldots!!!! All is forgiven.
 biggrin.gif

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 02:28:00 AM »

Sorry to add fuel to the fire, but I personally really like the french installer. I would be willing to check this out.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 08:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(jimjom @ Mar 15 2005, 08:58 AM)
Sorry to add fuel to the fire, but I personally really like the french installer. I would be willing to check this out.

I'm glad you like it but that still doesn't mean it's not outdated. There are probably people still liking mordens' and ltools also.

cmiz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

we should make a little game out of it...how many auto installers can the softmod scene kick out in a one month period. so far i think we're at about 6 or so...

i'm kidding, we have just enough/way too many installers (depending on how you want to look at it).

i think that any new installers that come out should assist in setting up the shadow c drive after the exploit is installed (several already do this). that is the place where most noobs tend to get lost. and these installers are mostly meant for them right?

TNHitokiri

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »

Krayzie im not sure what your talking about... Isnt the newest version of Nkpatcher already on the UXE 0.2.1 by D3vr3ro.. It does have the Shadow C maker, iso C maker and the detacher progs included...

Personally I havent seen a UXE installer on xbins currently but i have seen on torrents and what such.. I didnt just update the fonts.. Let me clear all doubts here

Ill list what i did to the French version to make it new..

I looked at the options the French version had i built a brand new autoinstaller from that. I created zips of the fonts, the nkpatcher and the EvoX dashboard that was included in D3VZ3r0's UXE 0.2.1 pakage which included  Shadow C maker, iso C maker and the detacher progs in NKPatcher.

I made the config.xml scripts from scratch and same with the zip files.  It will also restore your previous C drive.. Please at least look at the files before giving criticism..  Dont complain if you have the wrong impression tongue.gif

After you do check out the files and see if there is anything outdated, ill be glad to update it and send it back again...

cmiz

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »

we're not saying you didn't do a good job of putting together an auto installer....it's just that currently there are installers that have more features (such as virtual C setup). it's sort of like re-inventing the wheel. so in summary, good job....but it's kinda a step backwards in a sense.

just for the record...the french installer used pbl-metoo. if you made an auto installer using uxe complete then you didn't really update the french one so much as....make a completely new one.

TNHitokiri

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 06:08:00 PM »

Yeah it is made from scratch, but i used the base options in the French version to make a new English one. I can add any features on request.. I just gotta know what they do and how it is normally installed manually to add it in.

BtW, when i was looking at the contents of the French Installer i was wondering "Why the hell is PBL in here?"  So thats the reason i made it completely new.  Im not going for credit, im just trying to make these autoinstallers more available to people. I dont know of ANY UXE memcard installer that is on xbins

I guess that UXE 0.2.1 doesnt come with NKPatcher 10 so i think ill update that..  And anything else you guys want.. I didnt create this thread to brag.. I created to make this installer better..

cmiz

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 06:13:00 PM »

IIRC Krayzie's is on xbins now. it has uxe, nkpatcher 10 and it also sets up a shadow c drive (i believe).

TNHitokiri

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 06:31:00 PM »

Well i hope i get some friendly competition now.. Im hoping get this installer installed much better..  If anyone wants to give any criticizm im all up for it, im just trying to help out the XS..  biggrin.gif

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(TNHitokiri @ Mar 15 2005, 08:01 PM)
Well i hope i get some friendly competition now.. Im hoping get this installer installed much better..  If anyone wants to give any criticizm im all up for it, im just trying to help out the XS..  biggrin.gif

Good job on the installer, just alot of them floating around recently, we dont want any that are outdated.

I for one would love to have a self-updating auto-installer (<evil grin>).

Base of purpose in this day in age.

UXE 6.1 & 7.1 , with addition s font for compatibility purposes.

NKP v10(+) The installer should setup virtual C & virtual eeprom for you.

It should have the option for EEE/UEEE/SCEEE.

It should provide a install for available dashs.

And I find that Krayzies & triggernum5's installers do these things. So if you can get your installer to do all these, then it is definitly a welcome addition, and yeah your going to ketch crap for it as well  laugh.gif .... It part of the scene.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4