xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Calculated Password From Liveinfo ...  (Read 1115 times)

madde

• Archived User
Calculated Password From Liveinfo ...
« on: December 23, 2003, 12:45:00 AM »

Hi,

I have an Xbox which is softmoded with the audio Exploit. Now i wanted to upgrade to a bigger hd.

I am stuck calculating the new HDkey for the bigger HD with liveinfo. I made a backup of the original hd with evox. I got the hdkey with ftp and i could unlock the hd and clone the original hd with norton ghost.

now i have to lock the new hd. i tried to load the saved eeprom.bin in liveinfo and choosed the new hd to calculate the new hdkey.

i tried that with 4 different hd`s, but none of them shows anything in the fields HDD Model Number and HDD Serial Number and on HDD Status all shows Locking : not supported.

And all 4 hd´s show the same calculated password, strange.

I can lock all 4 hd´s with that passwort, atapwd shows that they are locked, but when i put them in the xbox i alwas get error 06.

So i guess that the calculated password is is wrong.

What could be the reason that liveinfo does`t show anything in the fields for the selected new hd and that the calculated passord is the same for all 4 hd`s ?

Andreas

JenovaXP

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 05:46:00 AM »

Hey there i think i was having the same prob with my orig xbox hd with error 06. I think what your doing is not setting the jumper on the back of the HD to Cable select. It CAN'T be set to Master or Slave or else the HD will time out when trying to load ANY! dashboard. Hey man i hope this helps.

Jenova
======
Xbox v1.0
/w nothing running
can't get anything to work  mad.gif

madde

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 06:53:00 AM »

Hi,

I found the problem: it seems that liveinfo cannot read the hd info from every at controller. i have 2 Dell PC`s here. On both liveinfo doesn`t show any hd info.

So i installed windows xp on my 3rd linux pc and there liveinfo was working. Now i got the right hdkey calculated and i coulo lock the drive and installed it now finally in the xbox.

Andreas

JenovaXP

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 11:21:00 AM »

well congrats to you  biggrin.gif  i finally got the pheniox bios loader save game file so i have MxM running off the save game file for now anyway untill i have to return the game to the video store  mad.gif  i just can't figgure out how to get this audio exploit to work everytime i press the button sequence it says i already have 100 soundtracks but thats impossibe cause i deleted them all.  I can't even make a new soundtrack with real music anymore  mad.gif  so now i have to figgure this out AGAIN!

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

JenovaXP,

Since your savegame is loading MXM, I assume it is mine.

The 100 soundtrack error, besides being cause by having an existing soundtrack 1, is cause by the wrong dash version.

What dash version do you have? I am assuming it is not 4920. If it is lower, you need to update your dash, if higher, you need to downgrade your dash.

I also notice that you never posted that you were having any problems in my thread. So I didn't know you needed help. Oh and BTW, instructions to upgrade and downgrade are in my thread and FAQ.

One last thing... Buy the game. You will always want a backdoor into the system when softmodding. To skip this is playing with fire, and you WILL eventually get burned.

Morden.

JenovaXP

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 11:34:00 AM »

listen man first of all i just want to say thank you very much.
if it wasn't for you and you save game exploit i'd be hooped.
but yeah your right i have kernel version : 4034 / and dash  : 5659 im gonna go and try and downgrade my dash

Once again THANK YOU!! biggrin.gif  i really appreciate this help

JenovaXP

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2003, 11:38:00 AM »

one more thing while running your exploit from the savegame file if i try to eject the cd it pops back in right away

any idea

wink.gif  what am i saying of couse your gonna have an idea you created this masterpiece
biggrin.gif

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2003, 12:19:00 PM »

This is an unavoidable side effect of the save exploit.