xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cps3  (Read 680 times)

Arzang

• Archived User
Cps3
« on: July 10, 2003, 05:46:00 AM »

If there is going to be a CPS3 emulator for pc, will it be able to port onto the Xbox?
Since cps3 is from what I have hard, close to dreamcast technology, does that mean you don't have to load the whole rom?
Let's say SF3 is 50 meg, but since it runs on a GD-rom (once again, this is what I think) shouldn't xbox be able to handle it?
Since it won't have to load the whole rom to the ram?
And is the processor to strong on cps3 to be emulated on xbox?

noodle1009

• Archived User
Cps3
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 07:06:00 AM »

I think it's kinda pointless to speculate about if an emulator, which does not currently exist, can be ported to the xbox.

Wait for the emulator to be released first.  Then we'll see if source is released.  Then we'll know how it works.  Then we can make intelligent guesses about it.  smile.gif

Arzang

• Archived User
Cps3
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 07:47:00 AM »

Yeah, from an xbox point of view we have to wait and see.
But I thought there were some gd-rom experts in here that could explin how it worked for me=)

MichaelNet

• Archived User
Cps3
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 11:29:00 AM »

Not enough RAM for the X-Box.

Ah ! CP-S 3 (unemulated) :

Red Earth (WarZard), Street Fighter III, Street Fighter III 2nd Impact, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure...

pelago

• Recovered User
Cps3
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »

I see what Arzang is saying about some arcade games which load off CD-ROM/GD-ROM instead of ROM, and he's thinking that the memory limits might not be so bad as it won't have to load the whole disc into memory. However, I think the original arcade boards that ran these CD/GD games had a load of RAM (64MB or 128MB, say), and so I don't think there's much chance of the Xbox emulating that.

GaijinPunch

• Archived User
Cps3
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 06:55:00 PM »

GD-ROM?  That's a Sega Proprietary drive, no?
you'd have to be pretty good to suck the data off of that one.

gamemaster14

• Archived User
Cps3
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 10:33:00 PM »

Since cps3 is from what I have hard, close to dreamcast technology

Cps3 is not close to dreamcast at all. Cps3 is made by capcom and has no connections to sega. Cps3 is an arcade board encased in metal with a rom cartridge connected to it. . There was a cd-rom addon for cps3 though. You might be thinking of Naomi , Naomi 2 and Naomi 2 gb-rom. Those 3 systems are just like dreamcast cps3 isnt.

This post has been edited by gamemaster14: Jul 11 2003, 05:33 AM

mrklaw

• Archived User
Cps3
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 11:39:00 PM »

but games like beat em ups only have two characters in RAM at a time (+backgrounds etc), out of 16+ characters stored in ROM. So you could have some kind of HDD based virtual memory setup for an emulator that would work quite well for games like that.

NeoCverA

• Archived User
Cps3
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2003, 09:26:00 PM »

This is the one time i would say somthing like this:

The hell with an xbox port, bring me a PC EMU!!!

been waiting for this for a long time.

cainedna

• Archived User
Cps3
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2003, 10:41:00 PM »

I know how you feel... I would love to get some Jotaro up in here... but the whole progression of emulators on the Xbox just isn't there yet.

-x-

• Archived User
Cps3
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2003, 02:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (GaijinPunch @ Jul 11 2003, 03:48 AM)
GD-ROM?  That's a Sega Proprietary drive, no?
you'd have to be pretty good to suck the data off of that one.

Must not be so hard seeing as I have the Iso's and Rom files for all 6 CPS3 games. I have verified them with Romcenter. I have the dreamcast ports of which are 99% accurate in my eyes, so you guys should check them out. Only game I have not played is Warzard  sad.gif .

Saving the roms and iso's for when ever they are emulated.  biggrin.gif

MichaelNet

• Archived User
Cps3
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2003, 03:14:00 AM »

There are CP-S 3 games dumped, but they are unemulated. There is no CP-S 3 emulator for PC.

MichaelNet

• Archived User
Cps3
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2003, 03:21:00 AM »

CP-S 3 is Capcom Play System 3. This Arcade System appeared in 1997, & the 1st game was Red Earth (WarZard in jap.). Games released : Red Earth, Jojo's Venture, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Street Fighter III, Street Fighter III 2nd Impact, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike.

This post has been edited by MichaelNet: Sep 9 2003, 04:36 PM

anti-pop

• Archived User
Cps3
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2003, 04:13:00 AM »

Talking about PC (not xbox) emulation, i may be wrong, but i think dreamcast emulation is more likley to happen than CPS-3 emulation.

But time will tell...

MichaelNet

• Archived User
Cps3
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2003, 06:04:00 AM »

Before, CP-S 3 emulator for PC (When it will be possible) -> After, emulators CP-S 3 for X-Box (if it can run, possibly not enough RAM) & DreamCast (if it's possible too).
Pages: [1] 2