xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 (degrees) Is The Revolution  (Read 1258 times)

Hulabaloza

• Archived User
Xbox 360 (degrees) Is The Revolution
« on: April 10, 2005, 03:38:00 AM »

I recently was shown what I can only describe as conclusive evidence that Nintendo and MS will be operating in a partnership during the next wave of consoles. Here is what I know and can reveal without giving up who I am or what I do.

The console referred to as the Revolution only exists on paper. Nintendo is fully supporting the Xenon or 360, MS's next console.

Nintendo is still developing a new handheld seperately. It somehow links to the Xenon wirelessly and has features outside of just gaming.

The important point is that there is NO Revolution cause Nintendo is totally in MS's camp as far as set top box/online gaming and console gaming.

Look out there and there is a large amount of evidence supporting this already - the code names (360 - Revolution). This is why many big developers are only prepping retail chains for XB2/PS3 games and no developer is ever commenting on the Revolution architecture or anything about it. This is why the Revolution and Xenon share all the same hardware suppliers.

Also, look at the needs. Nintendo is scared of Sony (the PSP). MS wants to destroy Sony (the set top box/console market). They both have market share & brand in the two area's (console & handheld) to compete with Sony (PS3 & PSP). If they go it alone they could both be at a major disadvantage.

It's killing me not to say more, but you can believe this or not.....and the truth will fully be known in a month or so anyway. <

Infamous_One

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 03:54:00 AM »

That would be cool , but i kind of doubt it. <

ninjax

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 04:28:00 AM »

Nintendo has WAY more pride than to join with MS.  Also, didn’t MS just say that they were fully backing the Gizmondo?  Something designed to crush the Nintendo and Sony handheld?
I gotta call BS on this.  Like I said, Nintendo would rather shut their doors than side with MS, and they have patented a lot of "weird" technology that MS has not mentioned at all.  I think they stated that they were going with a virtual reality route that no one had attempted to do before, making it a "revolution" in gaming. <

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 04:47:00 AM »

Such a merger would give MS the upper hand against Sony, and quite possibly crushing their 10 yr console reign.

While this sounds too good to be true, i'm not sure if i would want it, as it might make Nintendo less creative.

It will be a sad day when both Sega and Nintendo bow out of the hardware business.  The 8 and 16 bit day are the glory days of video games, and hold some of my fondest memories.

Long live Nintendo! <

master_mongo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 05:51:00 AM »

Im kinda lost... i have been on quite a few sites and the biggest battle thats going on is over the name, what is the name of the X box 2, is it X box Next/Xenon, X box 360 or    
X box Revolution. The ratio of people agreeing on 1 of 3 is even. So which one is it? :evil: <

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 06:03:00 AM »

Xenon - is the code name and would never be used just like nintendo dolphin which was the gamecube.

Xbox 2 - I think M$ have a little bit more creativity then sony (ps3, ha!) to call it xbox 2.

Xbox 360 - could be but what does this represent? I doubt the console would be round.

Xbox HD - that sounds about right, you know the high definition era and all. <

mikeandbandit

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 07:17:00 AM »

Lies nintendo ALREADY CONFIRMED  a box top set, sorry dude, lies all lies

http://www.cubed3.com/viewnews.php?storyid=3626

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=5211

also worth noting, when they sent the name to the marketing firm it was xbox next, in addition they own that url, basically last info i got it was xbox next, xbox next hd, and xbox next pc.

This post has been edited by mikeandbandit: Apr 10 2005, 02:27 PM <

Johnny Vodka

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »

well nintendo would do this if they realized the industry passed them by. Sega was the same way. I enjoy both my dreamcast and gamecube, but both are very underrated and were passed up by many people for a xbox or ps2.

The revolution sounds interesting, but you dont even hear anyone talking about it, which is why this popped up I guess. While I like nintendo as a company, this wouldnt exactly be a horrible thing. I mean Rare is obviously sucking ass for MS..why not partner up with one of the best game developers in the business? I still highly doubt it happens though.

This post has been edited by Johnny Vodka: Apr 10 2005, 07:03 PM <

StepsAscend

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »

This is how dumb rumors get started.  This guy is just making stuff up.

This post has been edited by StepsAscend: Apr 10 2005, 07:11 PM <

Johnny Vodka

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(StepsAscend @ Apr 10 2005, 05:04 PM)
This is how dumb rumors get started.  This guy is just making stuff up.

probably so, but still...nintendo is slow when it comes to supporting their own consoles. Releases were slow on the n64 and they are slow right now on the GC, with nothing worth a damn coming out until june really. They rely too much on huge 1st party releases and the occasionaly exclusive stuff with companies like capcom. Getting with a console with more support would really only be a help to spread their great work to people that dont have a GC right now.

This post has been edited by Johnny Vodka: Apr 10 2005, 07:20 PM <

rodka

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »

nintendo and ms together is one of the stupidest things i've ever heard.

as described before in this topic nintendo has waaay too much pride for it.

it would be cool though, link and mc on 1 console <

Johnny Vodka

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(rodka @ Apr 10 2005, 05:20 PM)
nintendo and ms together is one of the stupidest things i've ever heard.

as described before in this topic nintendo has waaay too much pride for it.

it would be cool though, link and mc on 1 console

yeah but pride only goes so far. If MS can make a move on Japan like they want and need to I guess, then nintendo would take notice. I mean Sega was proud too, but died off because they were beat by bigger companies. Even now Sega is pretty sad, releasing only shit titles on the xbox and co creating a few games or putting out sonic stuff on the GC.

I know this probably wont happen, but it is an interesting "what if" topic

This post has been edited by Johnny Vodka: Apr 10 2005, 07:34 PM <

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(Johnny Vodka @ Apr 10 2005, 05:28 PM)
Even now Sega is pretty sad, releasing only shit titles on the xbox and co creating a few games or putting out sonic stuff on the GC.

you got that right, sega's still leeching off of PSO, almost 10 bucks a month for a 7 year old dreamcast game hehe (reffering to the xbox and gc versions, just pointing out it was a dc title originally)

This post has been edited by Reaper527: Apr 10 2005, 08:06 PM <

phlashbios

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(rodka @ Apr 10 2005, 04:20 PM)
it would be cool though, link and mc on 1 console

Better still, "Itsa meee......Master Chief"  :lol: <

whet1134

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »

While I think it would be fantastic to get a Zelda, Starfox, and Mario games on the Xbox2 I don't think this will happen.  I admit, the evidence is intriguing, but not really viable.  There hasn't been any rumor FOR the argument either, so we have a 'guilty until proven innocent' case.  And while the CEO of Nintendo is a very proud Japanese... the  board members are not.  Anyone remember the "Like my tiny yellow balls" article in Wired where MS was trying to buy Nintendo?  Yeah, the board members wanted to go with it (or at least half of them did) and the CEO said no.  Maybe Nintendo is thinking about bowing out of the console market and just doing games.  I don't see anything bad about that.  We still get Ninty games and we don't have to buy a new console.  And Mike, just because they confirmed that Nintendo is bringing a set-top console out, doesn't mean it won't have MS's logo on it...  ;)

I still think it's bunk, but I love a good conspiracy theory. <