xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Xbox 2 Facts Revealed  (Read 6329 times)

jakejackoff

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »

This is pretty low for nexgen specs the gpu is fucking perfect i like that they advanced one over the x800 but the hd and ram thats a brain buster i don't see them doing this they will want to out do sony.

devguy

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »

smile.gif

I think 256mb will be fine.  Also, is it DDR or SDRam?  If MS uses 256mb ddr memory and Sony uses 512mb SDRam memory, aren't they about the same in performance?  Or am I just totally lost?

Also, about no HD-dvd, I think that bumping up the read speed is smart, but putting it at a full 16x, or even higher, would make it a better idea.  Dvd rom drives are pretty cheap nowadays and getting a faster dvd rom drive is not much of a price change.  Also, maybe MS will surprise us with the Xbox 2 reading DVD-Audio discs!  That is something the Blu Ray is not capable of, right?  That would be really awesome as well as something to brag about!

And yeah, if they made a swappable optical bay for people who want a Hd-dvd player simply for the sake of watching Hd-dvd movies, they could buy one.

lafiel

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2005, 06:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(devguy @ Mar 9 2005, 01:08 AM)
Cool link. smile.gif

I think 256mb will be fine.  Also, is it DDR or SDRam?  If MS uses 256mb ddr memory and Sony uses 512mb SDRam memory, aren't they about the same in performance?  Or am I just totally lost?

Sony will use XDR-DRAM based on rambus technology or so:
http://www.gamespot....ws_6118242.html

2K4EVOVIII

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »

IMO i think it was a smart move about the DVD. Like it was stated above MS could thrown in the HD-DVD drive and then it be obsolute due to Blue-Ray then what do they do. I think they should keep the DVD drive for now and make whatever technology that takes over a upgrade option.

As far as the ram people dont understand that 256mb for a dedicated system is actually allot. Should they thrown in 512mb yea why not but i dont think it is a must IMO.

Now i would like to comment on the processor. There was another thread were people were saying its impossible there is no way this and that. Well i say to them what do you think now? And becouse its not vector based it will hadle the load much better then the Cell processor agian IMO. But its definetly a huge achievement to have 3-3.0ghz G5 processors on a single die and be able to make it run witout overheat problems. AMAZING!

Chris

mbratton

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(LenteSubigo @ Mar 8 2005, 10:07 PM)
The cpu isn't as impressive as I had expeted.  3Ghz capable of 6 instructions per cycle, compared a 2.2Ghz Atlon XP at 9 instructions per cycle.

mbratton

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Wedding-shirt @ Mar 9 2005, 01:43 AM)
What about the fact that the Power PC are 64-bit vs 32-bit for the P4?

uncletammy

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2005, 06:59:00 PM »

oooh, i like Rambus.  Its real fast.  Like many others, I hate the cam.  It better be an aftermarket add on because it wont be worth the price hike.  It probably will be.  Anything M$ can do to make you spend more money on something you shouldnt have to.  Crooks.  What are the price speculations on this bad boy when its released?  
I am willing to pay $300 for it.  Not a penny more unless they make the dashboard open source and provide software so we can back up our games. Haha.  Im guessing it will be $399.

Any idea when it will hit the streets?

Hopefully the modding scene has given Mr. Gates an idea as to what direction the consumers want console gaming to go.  I think we will be pleased with new box overall.  If the've listened to us at all, we can expect stuff like streaming audio/video, lots of internet capabilities, skinning and customizing, maybe news feeds, instant messaging and new communication possibilities.  I think it will be very appealing to the eyes, transparent and bright.

Im thinking it probably wont be very modable.  What does everyone else think? I dont think they are going to let us have too much fun with it.  But...they can only keep it unmodable to a certain point.  After that, the system loses functionality and people wont want to buy it any way.  Heads up everyone.  The next generation of console gaming is at hand...and it looks nice.

nova805

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »

tongue.gif

BlueCELL

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »

smile.gif

Later

Jagosix

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »

smile.gif, I'm looking forward to having a new xbox in the house. The specs are way kool .  cool.gif . The ability to add  your own mp3/wma music to any game is a definite plus, because there are some games (we all have experienced this) that have very terrible music in them. That can be done is some xbox games .  Sony & Nintendo need to take notes on this ability.  Every game with xbox live is kool also.

You can learn something from everybody smile.gif.

zikronix

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2005, 07:51:00 PM »

i just want to see a fucking picture of the sombitch

LenteSubigo

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(mbratton @ Mar 8 2005, 06:41 PM)
that's the most half-assed comment i've heard in a long time.

m_hael

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(SpectralWolf @ Mar 8 2005, 06:45 PM)
Where's mikeandbandit and m_hael? I figured mike would be all over this thread by now.

2K4EVOVIII

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(m_hael @ Mar 8 2005, 06:35 PM)
monitoring but pretty ill at the mo... chest infection AND throat infection at the same time ...

mikeandbandit

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Facts Revealed
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(m_hael @ Mar 8 2005, 10:35 PM)
monitoring but pretty ill at the mo... chest infection AND throat infection at the same time ...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9