xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Media Connect + Pc - Xbox Not Showing Files  (Read 787 times)

sleeprequired

• Archived User
Media Connect + Pc - Xbox Not Showing Files
« on: May 18, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

hey all.... wanted to run this past you guys and see if someone might be able to help.. I have a Windows XP Machine and my Laptop hooked up to a billion 7404VGO and my xbox 360 won't show the pictures in the shared folders, or music for that matter...

1. i have installed the correct media connect 2.0 on my laptop
2. the xbox 360 picks up my computer name and it passes all the network tests
3. i have .net 1.1 and 2.0 installed
4. the xbox 360 is allowed in media connect and i have checked and rechecked all the paths to what is shared and they are correct... i have made sure all the settings in media connect are correct
5. all the correct ports are listed as exceptions in the windows firewall (i have even disabled it with no luck)
6. i have all the default settings in my router and i don't THINK it is the problem but i'm not sure here
7. i have spoken to both TPG and MS about this and they have NO IDEA... the MS dude put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back with.... "are any of the files .zip in the folder you're trying to share?" - good one!
if anyone can help that would be appreciated...

**edit **
forgot to say my machine i plug in @ home is a work machine and as such is part of a domain...
- also i have just now (i'm @ work atm) gone into the folders i'm trying to share and gone onto the security properties and added 'everyone' as a group and given them full control as well. don't know if that's the issue but i guess i'll know tonight..