xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Madnessx Bugs  (Read 1092 times)

rob_ocelot

• Archived User
Madnessx Bugs
« on: March 25, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »

Anyone having freezing problems with the game?  

It seems to happen when you fire the shotguns or switch to the shotgun very quickly and fire.  Doesn't always happen though.

I wonder if it's a corrupt sound file.  I'll try to reinstall and see if it's something on my end.

BTW, excellent game!

About the only thing it needs is a way to configure the controls.  I find that I end up switching weapons accidentally in the heat of battle when I press too hard on the analog stick. <

SHiZNO

• Archived User
Madnessx Bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »

One of the testers found this bug but I could never recreate it myself...if you can figure out exactly how to recreate it ill take a look at it tho for sure. Id try hunt thru all the code for it myself but im busy working on a pool game ATM ( frankly im sick of madness biggrin.gif )

devguy

• Archived User
Madnessx Bugs
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »

Shizno, I really appreciate your work on this game.

It is one of those games that are simple enough to play, but are extremely addicting.

Job very well done!  

If I find a bug, I will make sure to report it, but it looks good so far to me.  BTW, haven't come across this shotgun bug... <

rob_ocelot

• Archived User
Madnessx Bugs
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 10:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(SHiZNO @ Mar 26 2005, 01:57 AM)
One of the testers found this bug but I could never recreate it myself...if you can figure out exactly how to recreate it ill take a look at it tho for sure. Id try hunt thru all the code for it myself but im busy working on a pool game ATM ( frankly im sick of madness biggrin.gif )

I'll see what I can do about recreating the conditions.  Any idea what kind of Xbox the testers were using?  I'm wondering if it's an Xbox model/BIOS specific bug.  

As for getting sick of a game, don't you know that the easiest way to hate a game is to program it yourself or playtest it? :-)   I found this out the hard way doing homebrew Vectrex games. <

locutus of worm

• Archived User
Madnessx Bugs
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »

i've got a v1.3 xbox with the xecuter2 4979 bios. I have encountered the freezing problem around 10 times.

Also, sometimes if i change the custom soundtrack too many times(by pressing the white button), the music refuses to start playing, until i reset the xbox. <

Mr.INSANE

• Archived User
Madnessx Bugs
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »

ive had the freezing bug about twice and im on a softmod ude2 to be exact also i have a reqeuest for Multiplayer Mode please i would really love to have that <

locutus of worm

• Archived User
Madnessx Bugs
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 12:29:00 AM »

I was thinking the same thing, multiplayer (cooperative or deathmatch) would rock without a doubt  biggrin.gif

Sephi

• Archived User
Madnessx Bugs
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 01:03:00 AM »

I encountered this bug also, it happens when you swtich weapon when firing from a shotgun or something like that, i know it happens right when i shoot i always end up pressing the switch weapon button by accident, and everytime it freezes for me.

I tried it on 2 of my xboxs one is chipped, i have no clue what the chip is, and i also tried it on my softmodded xbox, both of them have the bug, and yeah about the multiplayer request, that would kick ass and maybe if you could put your own face in the game lol, well im sure thats like the simplest thing to do but yeah lets start by fixing bugs. <

locutus of worm

• Archived User
Madnessx Bugs
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »

i've found another bug- i've unlocked big heads and ticked it, but the heads are still the same size  dry.gif

andrewmc

• Archived User
Madnessx Bugs
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »

I have this bug where if I shoot a gun that rumbles, my controller won't stop rumbiling! It will rumble for hourse if I let it. Please add an option to take out the rumble feature or just take it out all together. Thanks. <

SHiZNO

• Archived User
Madnessx Bugs
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2005, 03:18:00 PM »

Big heads only effects the 'Extra Heads'...its just like 20-40 unlockable heads such as Freddy Kruger, Michael Jackson, Scooby Doo etc....it was just added so you could see the heads better. You have to beat the game to unlock Extra Heads i believe. <