xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Streaming Iso'z From Computer  (Read 988 times)

MANHUNT

• Archived User
Streaming Iso'z From Computer
« on: October 09, 2005, 06:28:00 PM »

Seeing as many new features are coming up in all of the iSO Loaders out. I was wondering if there would be a way to stream your backups (iSO) from your computer to your PSP. Humma Kavula UMD Emulator V0.8C automatically enables a USB connection, which could be utilized for this feature. People from other forums were talking about it streaming wirelessly but that would be a bit harder and maybe slow, a USB would be nice to even though you have to be right next to your computer.

This post has been edited by MANHUNT: Oct 10 2005, 01:31 AM

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »

I doubt it.  If they can't get XBMC to stream games from the PC to Xbox, this form of streaming will probably not happen.

UnLckyN

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »

I doubt it. If they can't get XBMC to stream games from the PC to Xbox, this form of streaming will probably not happen.

I dont know if there will ever be a way to stream isos to the psp but I do know that it has nothing to do with xbmc not being able to stream xbox games since they are two totally different systems. :rolleyes:

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 08:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(ClintiePoo @ Oct 9 2005, 11:29 PM)
I doubt it.  If they can't get XBMC to stream games from the PC to Xbox, this form of streaming will probably not happen.

You simply cannot compare the Xbox with the PSP when it comes to this.  The PSP loads applications differently and allows a better degree of multithreading to run things in the background. Look at Fastloader...it allows you to transfer files through USB while the game is running.

Justin Credible

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 05:25:00 AM »

Hi,

if you have a closer look into some of the hookboot.ini files you can see that there is a connection via IP already implemented (even tough it is said to be for future projects).
So i guess it possibly will be available someday (perhaps it won't run the videos or music perfectly - comparable to the Gamecube stream problem).

Justin

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 06:22:00 AM »

Ok, got it.  I was just trying to use logic to give some sort of input to this question.  I'd be glad to see this work.