xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Noobs Guide To Flashing Your Bios  (Read 5562 times)

billou2k

• Archived User
Noobs Guide To Flashing Your Bios
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2004, 08:57:00 AM »

luckily I'm not as messy as I thought
I could find the matrix programmer and luckily this time it went faster than last time, The programmer could upload the bios on the chip on the first try.
And I could restart the xbox with the latest executer 2 bios with no problem!

cjs118

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »

I am thinking about reflashing my Xecuter 2.2 Lite/Plus
I am wondering where i put the bios that i want to reflash the chip with, because when i look in my system menu on the evox.ini file there is no area that has the option for "FlashBios."
On the actual EvoX disc there is a folder that contains 4 diff. bioses.  Wouldn't i be able to save the new bios in that folder so Evox would load that bios from the folder?

Please Help!

cjs118

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »

I figured it out and got it to work.
I did not get it to work the way i wanted it to.  I originaly had a 4977 1MB bios on the chip.  I wanted to reflash it the 4977 512K on one bank and the 4981.67 512K on the other bank.  So i made a 1MB bios consisting of the two bioses.  When i used the EvoX reflashing program it was successful except for when i try to use the bios on bank 2, it just frags.

Please Help!

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 09:07:00 PM »

is there any benifit to using a 1mb bios over a 512 if you have the option, or vice vresa?

thorFlea

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

Is there a feature referance for the bios?  What bios versions enables blocking Xbox live?  biggrin.gif

BlissfullyIgnorant

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2004, 11:45:00 PM »

Hey all,

I want to start by apologising for my abrubt appearance on this forum and the irrelevance of my question. I bought my Xbox on Monday and since then have bought and personally intalled a SmartXX modchip. I flashed it with Executer2 BIOS (X2 4977). The first time i did this, i flashed it into a bank that i had previoulsy erased out of ignorance of what i was doing. Although it appeared to work, when i rebooted, both my SmartXX boot screen and the original bios were both in black and white and Executer2 didnt seem to have been flashed as the start up screen still said 'MS'  huh.gif . Confused, i re-flashed the second bank with X2. This seemed to work better, and the next time i booted the start up screen read Executer2. It was however still in black and white. I later realised that the Video settings for the SmartXX screen were set to NTSC. When i changed this back to PAL the SmartXX screen returned to colour but the Original Bios still remains black and white. I have gone on to install the Evolution X Dashboard, but it still remains black and white. If anyone has any ideas pls help me as i am becoming more and more disheartened about the future of my xbox  uhh.gif . Thank you

BlissfullyIgnorant

Ditomopyge

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2004, 08:26:00 AM »

Thanks for the great tutorial, Unreal7000.

I have seen that you can run 2 different BIOS's, each in 2 256k banks, but can you use 4 different BIOS's each in a 256k bank on the X2.3b Pro (since I have noticed that you can select indiviual banks with the DIP switch provided)?  huh.gif

pooh2pooh

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2004, 10:54:00 AM »

Thanks for the tut.

I am a little confused.  I have searched through many forums with no clear answers to my questions.

I have a xecuter 2.3b lite+ installed. I have decided to use the x2 4981.06 bios. I understand that the next step is to flash the bios. Do I do this by creating a disc with just the bios on it, or do I need to create and iso with the bios included in the iso, or some other option that I haven't caught on to.

Also how large do I need to make my bios? The Chip has two banks. Each bank is 512 if I understand correctly. So do my bios need to be 512 or 1024.

Thanks

OuTbReAk

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2004, 01:58:00 AM »

I read the guide and am confused on how to disable the flash protection. I have an apple x3 on my xbox, so what steps do I need to take to disable flash protection on it?

cykage

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2004, 01:39:00 AM »

I feel stupid asking this but... how can you boot to EvoX and FTP if there is no BIOS on the modchip?

Scratchy

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2005, 08:41:00 AM »

wow... that tut really helped me. Thanx for the awsome tut.

newbie question: I have an X-b.i.t modchip, and it came with a usb cord that hooks up to my computer, from a board attached on the outside of my xbox, is that considered a programmer?

voxic

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

the xbtool link dosent work and nice tut though

btheman

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2007, 08:32:00 AM »

I haven't flashed my Bios in a long time. I did it years ago and my chip got fried . I have a Xecuter 2.6CE with X3pter and want to flash it with x2 5035.  I assumed that I should use XBtool instead of Evox Tool. I opened up the bios and it says Unknown Bios at the top and shows a MD5 Hash.  Do I need to get a updated hash list. How do I do that and also all the options are greyed out in XBTool after loading the bios in.

Please help.

theperfekt001

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »

For X2 5035 you use either X2ool or X2 Config Maker. Most of the options are edited via an ini file on the xbox hdd. You would only need to patch the bios if you were changing the partition settings.

btheman

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »

Is it xconfig.ini that you are talking about being the ini file on the hard drive? I am not changing the partition settings. I actually already have Evox running on the Xbox but I am having trouble with playing DVD's and also using IGR so I think I have to reflash the bios and thats what I am attempting to do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7