xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Peragus Problem  (Read 1358 times)

gothicrhyme

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« on: December 22, 2004, 12:52:00 AM »

i was searching the forum to see if this particular problem was posted, and since i couldn't find it i will go on and post.

I installed the patch for KOTOR 2 that is supposed to help with the game going to a black screen. After the part in peragus where the T3 droid is destroyed with an ion beam, the screed did indeed go black and stay that way. i was able to save my game then load it without any problems. but when i move myself out of the fuel depot and into the peragus docking bay (my only option for continuing) i am turned back into the T3 droid when the game loads the next part. the droid is out of commission and unable to move. i assume i am supposed to be my character i created when this loads. any ideas on what to do to fix this? <

lesu77

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »

I'm experiencing the same problem and after 3-4 search on the web it points to the buggy game... Users who have modded and those who have new, experience the same problem.  No difference from HDrive or original disk.  It has to do with some of the inteference of certain xbox's and this game... I guees time will tell.  Let me know if you find anything on it... THanks! <

JorgeDeLaGato

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 11:58:00 AM »

I was having the exact same problem while running this game (unpatched) off of my hard drive. I do not know what this patch does so I never used it. But I decided to FTP all of the files to my computer and using Quix v1.01 I made a .iso file. I used Nero and burned on a Fujifilm 8x DVD-R at 8x speed and the game worked fine, the transition where there used to be a black screen now works flawlessly. <

Goodyer

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 11:54:00 AM »

yes i get this problem too (with backup HD copy). the black screen - just reloading the game worked for me. but once you leave the fuel depot - your the disabled droid and cant do anything.

JorgeDeLaGato - did you have the problem with the inoperable droid? or just the black screen? <

lesu77

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

I can workaround the black screen by saving and re-loading the last save, but I'm still stuck at the "fried droid".  Someone suggested, to take a good working game disk, play till you get pass the problem, save it, then this might fix the problem.  We'll see.... Otherwise what patch is there avail for modded HD/KOTR problem? THX! <

shierkahn

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's just re-writing the ini file.  There are a few people who mentioned that running the game with a trainer active resulted in flawless play, but every since I updated my system with the current evox (to use a trainer)....my ftp capabilities are outta commission. <

surf90

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »

HI!!!! Im so glad someone else has the same problem i thought it was my xbox, trust it to happen on the game i have really looked forward to playing. Basically after doing the droid section the screen just goes black, but a few menu screens can be seen. Any ideas anybody?
 <

gothicrhyme

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »

the only solution i have found now is burning the game and playing that part off the game...once you get past that section you can play it off your HD <

pez

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(gothicrhyme @ Jan 5 2005, 04:10 PM)
the only solution i have found now is burning the game and playing that part off the game...once you get past that section you can play it off your HD

Why go to the extra step of burning the game to pass that one part with the "blank screen droid," when you already have a copy of the game on disc?  huh.gif

lundell

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 02:31:00 AM »

Hi!

I have the same problem as you guys when i use the consol i am shot then it gets black, then i can save the game and become myself when i load... I tried using the default.xbe found in a hdfix rar file. and i still get the smae problem sad.gif anyone knows a good way to solve this?

lundell

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 03:52:00 AM »

Woops dubbel posted

This post has been edited by lundell: Jan 6 2005, 11:53 AM <

overdrive

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 04:29:00 AM »

ok here's what i did since i had no internet at the time to research...

I found that out of 5 games that I tried the ones that worked fine were the ones that I didn't skip the prologue in the begining.  I know it sounds stupid but after I did that, i was able to continue. But now I have another problem....

I've cleared all the planets and I'm supposed to go to dxun for a meeting but it freezes on the loading screen to the mandalorian ruins.  godamn irritating shit!!

Now i've got my internet back and am trying to figure this out..... <

no_beaner

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2005, 02:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(overdrive @ Jan 6 2005, 11:49 AM)
ok here's what i did since i had no internet at the time to research...

I found that out of 5 games that I tried the ones that worked fine were the ones that I didn't skip the prologue in the begining.  I know it sounds stupid but after I did that, i was able to continue. But now I have another problem....

I've cleared all the planets and I'm supposed to go to dxun for a meeting but it freezes on the loading screen to the mandalorian ruins.  godamn irritating shit!!

Now i've got my internet back and am trying to figure this out.....

I've actually been experiencing the opposite so far on my game.  Every game that I do the prologue gives me the screen.  I have gotten around it by stopping the game, watching the sith lord trailer and it worked after that.  Well it worked on the first game, not the 2nd game that locked up. muhaha.gif <

Grout

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »

Quick question, I have discovered that this "black out" was added to the game to fuck with modded xboxes (and with good reason  muhaha.gif ) but none the less I'm not going to give up on being able to play this game so about the xbox burning iso idea.... if I use Extract-XISO to create an xiso.. (BTW to create and xiso do i just FTP the game from my xbox and select the folder of the game to be iso'ed ?) then I will use Nero to burn the image to... now here is where im confused, will Sony 8X 4.7GB DVD+R work ?( for burning the game to, or is the game bigger than that ? ) ... anyway... from what I take it.... this will make a working copy of KoTOR2 correct? tell me if im wrong or if i missed a step... thankyou.

-Grout  pop.gif

bikehorn

• Archived User
Peragus Problem
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »

i don't know about that, the blackscreen problem has been known to occur on stock Xboxes using the original. <
Pages: [1] 2