xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Would You Have Rather Waited 3-6 Months?  (Read 1275 times)

synbios1978

• Archived User
Would You Have Rather Waited 3-6 Months?
« on: December 21, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »

I'm just curious....this game has way too many bugs in it.  Would everyone here rather have waited an additional 4-6 month for Obsidian to test more and clean it up more or get it now in what appears to be a "beta" build of the game??

Just wondering...

-Synbios1978 <

mastertito4

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

my game glitched so yes i would have <

modnoob123

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 07:21:00 PM »

Hell yea this game and its bugs can nick my luts

it sucks i would have gladly traded the months so we could All play a better game
or at least a game that runs smoothly!!

I mean W>T>F> they better fucking make another game that runs Perfectly and is Tremendously better Or i will be writing some harsh hate mail!!!!!! <

PhoeniX2k4

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »

did they even play the game themselves

what company would realse a game with so many flaws mad.gif

b-gates

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 03:06:00 AM »

One keen to cash in on xmas sales. rolleyes.gif

Think of the poor UK gamers who have to wait till next year sometime to buy it. All that waiting and it will still be buggy as hell. It's not like they'll improve it for the PAL release.

I just hope the PC version is better.

3dfx

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »

This is on of the buggiest games I've played in a long time. I mean I'am still enjoying it as I love Star Wars and RPG's and I was a massive fan of the first although this feels rushed. It is a great game from a gameplay point of view, but it is very technically flawed. It has crashed twice for me so far and that is not to mention some of the steep!! framrate drops in battle.

I hope they get it right next time <

Salpula

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

I couldn't agree more, sometimes I get confused as to what the hell is going on due to MASSIVE framerate drops in battle.  Its also very frustrating to have a game like this freeze on you. . . even if you saved 15 minutes ago. I would GLADLY have waiting 6 months for a less buggy game.
Maybe it would run proplerly from the hard drive too :-x

This post has been edited by Salpula: Dec 23 2004, 07:07 PM <

abbylee26

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »

Guys, guys, if you play as a girl jedi you won't have to deal with all the bugs.

I guess they knew we were afraid of bugs.
or
Guys suck and it's good to be a babe wink.gif

Abby

calpchen

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 12:16:00 AM »

Obsidian totally rode on the coattails of the Star Wars franchise and the first Knights of the Old Republic. I'm done playing the XBox version.

I hope the PC version will have bugs fixed, or at least have patches available.

BTW, just because we're boys doesn't mean we don't like to play female characters. I happen to enjoy watching her butt sway as she runs around... or wear that "charisma +2" outfit. Oh you know which outfit I'm talking about. ::wink:: ::wink:: <

bikehorn

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(abbylee26 @ Dec 23 2004, 08:32 PM)
Guys, guys, if you play as a girl jedi you won't have to deal with all the bugs.

I guess they knew we were afraid of bugs.
or
Guys suck and it's good to be a babe ;)

Abby

not too sure about that...my character is a female Jedi Guardian/Weapon Master and i still have some black screens here and there, not to mention all the weird graphic glitches, framerate drops, cutscene rendering and the occaisional life support pack not having any effect.

as for the charisma +2 outfit...hehehe, i kind of wanted to get it on the handmaiden but i never got her to join my party <

pinkypumper

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(PhoeniX2k4 @ Dec 22 2004, 05:21 AM)
did they even play the game themselves
what company would realse a game with so many flaws :angry:

not sure if any of you remember but before bungie made Halo they made Myth. the first release of the game wiped out HDD's.   so yeah......bugs happen a lot. im just in the understanding that companies no longer quality control their products. :popcorn: <

shhuang

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »

Wow seems I'm the only one that didn't really have any problems, aside from the blackscreen when you know what happens at the beginning of the game.  But clearing the x: y: z: drives actually worked for me to fix that.   I even played from 11am - 7am and it never froze, once, and I can only remember two times where the FPS dropped to unacceptable levels, but my character made quick work of the enemies and it was fluid again.
 <

XBoxFan#999

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2005, 01:16:00 AM »

An RPG of this large a technical scope is meant for PC hardware. Period.

All the combat calculations, all the AI of the Party and NPCs. Add on top of that the rendering of all of these things (even though it is a very simple geometry; there is just a lot of it; multiple NPCs, etc.) and the XBox just barley gets by. And I mean barely in every sense of the word. Remember, this is a Geforce 3 with only a total of 64 MB of system memory with a Pentium III 700 MHz chip trying to run all of this.

This is actually why some of these bugs are happening... Like the massive frame rate drops more than anything else.

The other, bigger bugs and glitches... Like black screen, warping, etc... Is the fault of the coders being rushed to get the game out for Christmas.

So, I agree wholeheartedly.

Obsidian and Lucas Arts should have just released both the PC and Xbox versions later this year (March; April) if it meant we got a pretty flawless (at least more polished) version of the game.

I have stopped playing the game (just got it) on my XBox and am hoping the PC version runs better just because of the better system specs I've got (AMD64 3200+, 1024 MB RAM, FX 5900 Ultra (runs the original KOTOR flawlessly). <

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2005, 06:28:00 PM »

Just got it.  And I thought that Knights of the Old Republic I was the glitchiest game I've ever played.  wink.gif

Spartan XBC

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »

All I have to say is, weither it's glitchy or not, this is still an awsome game, I've never had more fun with any other. Yes, I also hope the next will be more smooth, but in the meantime, I'll deal with the bugs and get all I can from this amazing game. <
Pages: [1] 2