xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Beginning Of Editing Physics And Such...  (Read 1363 times)

Infinite_Matrix

• Archived User
Beginning Of Editing Physics And Such...
« on: September 18, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »

Well heres what you do...

1. Use CabExtractR2

2.Transfer Cars.ca2 from the CABS folder onto your computer

3. drag the Cars.ca2 file into the CabExtract.exe and then it will start to extract.*note that the extraction is most likely going to be about 1-10 minutes

4.after the file has been extracted, in the folder the cars.ca2 file was there will be the extracted files such as Engines and cars.

5.now ALL of these extracted files are XML types so its pretty straight forward on editing it. ***There are some files that wont show up right and will give you symbols and signs like this "[]"***

Well I hope that this litl tutorial cleared up most of the questions on how to edit cars.

Also please do not tell me if something does not work because this is only somehting that is just a start and isnt something that has been going around for a while

wadata04

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 01:11:00 AM »

once you extract it, how can you put all the files back into .ca2 file format once you have edited them?

bigbrd222

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »

Maybe cabextract has a pack function?

wadata04

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(bigbrd222 @ Sep 21 2005, 03:32 AM)
Maybe cabextract has a pack function?

i'm guessing it does

ZPaul2Fresh8

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 08:10:00 AM »

LOL  1 don't th1n 1t does.....

thestaton

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »

well, cant we just pack the cab file back up as normal?  I know there are few programs that can pack cabs...  such as Power Archiver 2004...

i'm curious if we can get this to work!  Just messing around for cars that can not be turbo'd i'm copying / pasting over the data from cars that can be turbo'd.  

example.

the mustang gt can not be turbo'd.

so I just copied over the data from the corvette c6...

any idea if this line of thinking would remotely work?

thanks

staton

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 02:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(thestaton @ Sep 26 2005, 06:49 PM)
well, cant we just pack the cab file back up as normal?  I know there are few programs that can pack cabs...  such as Power Archiver 2004...

Forza's CAB files are different to regular Windows CAB files.  That's why the custom 'cabextract' was developed.  Not tried it myself, but I've heard that tests at rebuilding CABs failed.  It's suspected that new checksum values for any modified files are necessary, and so far no one has figured out the algorithm.   :unsure:

This post has been edited by PedrosPad: Sep 27 2005, 09:40 AM

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 06:57:00 AM »

Yep, rebuilding of the CAB archive for Forza is not supported with 'CabExtract'.. hence the name. CAB files themselves can be rebuilt without checksum issues, but all the good stuff is in the CA2 files. I've pondered looking into it further to find these 'checksums' but seing as I have documented the entire CAB/CA2 format, I doubt they are within the file themselves. More then likely a hardcoded checksum value within the XBE is being compared to the CA2 file upon extraction.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 07:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Angerwound @ Sep 27 2005, 03:01 PM)
Yep, rebuilding of the CAB archive for Forza is not supported with 'CabExtract'.. hence the name. CAB files themselves can be rebuilt without checksum issues, but all the good stuff is in the CA2 files. I've pondered looking into it further to find these 'checksums' but seing as I have documented the entire CAB/CA2 format, I doubt they are within the file themselves. More then likely a hardcoded checksum value within the XBE is being compared to the CA2 file upon extraction.

Ah! An external manifest.

ZPaul2Fresh8

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Angerwound @ Sep 27 2005, 09:01 AM)

Maybe a patch to the default.xbe is a possibility? Might be easier than finding out an algorithm anyhow.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 04:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(ZPaul2Fresh8 @ Sep 27 2005, 11:36 PM)
Maybe a patch to the default.xbe is a possibility? Might be easier than finding out an algorithm anyhow.

I suspect the true interest is in cheating on XBOX!Live. - Your suggestion would negate that (which is in it's favour BTW  :) ).

This post has been edited by PedrosPad: Sep 28 2005, 04:21 PM

thestaton

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 08:20:00 AM »

yeah, I dont even have xbox-live I was banned for having a mod'd xbox.  I just want the ability to mess with the cars and have some fun.  

ZPaul2Fresh8

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(thestaton @ Sep 28 2005, 10:24 AM)
yeah, I dont even have xbox-live I was banned for having a mod'd xbox.  I just want the ability to mess with the cars and have some fun.

I got banned from XBL from having a modded Xbox too :(

I miss it, but will be back online with Xbox 360 :-D I cannot wait until November 22nd. It's gonna be hard to get one without a reserve.

Best Buy is first come first serve, the same for Circuit City, Toys r'us... I have a reserve for the premium 360, but it's not garaunteed to be for the 1st shipment.

hwnd

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(ZPaul2Fresh8 @ Sep 27 2005, 11:36 PM)

I've been looking into this, but haven't had time to touch it lately.  The key seems to rely in the relationship between default.xbe, the two installmarker files that get placed on the stratch disk and the checksum result.  

The installmakers themselves are just chuncks of default.xbe.  I've been messing around with these with interesting results, but nothing that gets a modified CA2 file to load.

Once i get some free time I'll be picking this back up again.  

-MB

ZPaul2Fresh8

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »

Cool, I would be interested in seeing an outcome of this! smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2