xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Microsoft: The Essential E3 Preview by Next-Gen.biz  (Read 1828 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Microsoft: The Essential E3 Preview by Next-Gen.biz
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »

hahahaha

he typed wii, I still cant believe Nintendo.

nothing MS can do will steal thunder from the other 2.

MS had the 360 last year @ E3 and sony still stole most of the show by showing nothing other than cgi, a prototype grill, and a batarang.

MS just needs to stick to their guns and show off whats coming down the pipe. Dont think for a second that Halo 3 news will beat out the likes of ps3 zombie hype. It might make for a few extra headlines "Halo 3 footage!" and so on, but sony and nintendo will be the centerpieces.

Im getting Gears footage, thats all I need.  love.gif  Anything else from the MS camp is icing on the cake.

moo_im_a_bird

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »

The way I see it M$ better show some Halo 3 or something spectacular because they don't seem to have anything worth talking about compaired to Wii and PS3.

I dont think so, there are so many other titles that will be huge too (Gears of War, N3, Mass Effect, and more).

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2006, 04:01:00 PM »

bro I love the passion you have and your optimistic outlook is great, but sony only needs to show text of certain games on a big screen and they will have the crowd in an uproar.

MGS 4
text could be flashed on a screen and they'd get a standing ovation. it makes me sick, fuggin sick  grr.gif

sony can show the same crap they did last year, lie about the #'s, show graphs that are totally meaningless, show fuggin ducks in a tub, yet the media will eat it up. the media is to blame mostly, they always are.

you should be beaten for even mentioning G4  tongue.gif

the best stuff from MS will get overshadowed by a premature ps3 launch list that no doubt sony will lie about. They will say "we will have 30 titles at launch, worship us!" and come November, they'll be lucky to have 7, and 5 of them will be pieces of *&%$ from EA.

there is sooooo much sony can say and do to steal the show, the only thing they need is cameras with people behind them, and zombies to believe everything the media delivers  grr.gif

I wanted to see Nintendo atleast show something, only to show sony that they mean business. But now with that new name.....  jester.gif

we will talk about this again after the E3 dust settles.....

Roupus

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2006, 06:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Apr 28 2006, 08:38 PM) View Post

I have to disagree that H3 will beat H2 on launch day. Due to the disappointment of H2, I and a some others will be waiting a little while. Personally I'm not buying it on launch just for the fact that I don't want to add to the hype. I'll rent it and if it's better than H2, I'll buy it. If Bungie wants my money this time they will have to sell me on the gameplay, not the fact that it's a sequel to Halo.

I am sure that Halo 3 will be just as big or even bigger than Halo 2, and for all those people out there who love the multiplayer, Halo 2 was it.  To me and the crazy amounts of people who play it on xbox live all the time probably disagree with your statement of Halo 2 being a huge disappointment.

woofis

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2006, 07:35:00 AM »

halo3 will be huge. no matter what people say now. it will be huge. i know some ppl are saying they were dissapointed in halo2 and whatnot.... once a trailer comes out for h3 the hype will begin again and every1 will be sucked back in. mark my words biggrin.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Roupus @ Apr 29 2006, 08:32 AM) View Post

I am sure that Halo 3 will be just as big or even bigger than Halo 2, and for all those people out there who love the multiplayer, Halo 2 was it.  To me and the crazy amounts of people who play it on xbox live all the time probably disagree with your statement of Halo 2 being a huge disappointment.

cerealkillajme was talking about his own personal disappointment, not speaking for others in general. Hes not alone, myself and local friends/relatives will not be buying into the hype this time around. But like I said in an earlier post, for every 5 people that were disappointed and not getting it at launch right away, there are atleast 5 others ready to take their place and wait in line. It will be HUGE, no doubt about it, but dont castrate people because they chose not to get hyped this time, we dont like the feeling of being severely letdown.

And woofis...

once a trailer comes out for h3 the hype will begin again and every1 will be sucked back in. mark my words

As far as Im concerned, you couldnt be more wrong. I laugh when I see Halo 3 threads, its just a joke to me, much like an EA game. And everyone here knows how I feel about EA  laugh.gif I will only grow more irritated with it because the hype alone will begin to overshadow other games that deserve some spotlight.

I hope you all find what youre looking for in Halo 3, I hope it sells thru the roof, eclipsing Halo 2 sales. I will be waiting for others who didnt like part 2 for the same reasons I didnt, waiting for them to try it and give me an honest review. Then and only then will I try it smile.gif I hope it turns out good, I so dearly want Masterchief to return to his glory. Right now Marcus Fenix is my superhero beerchug.gif He'd kick Chiefs ass anyways! w000t!

sorry, got carried away!  rolleyes.gif

The Bat

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Odb718 @ Apr 28 2006, 04:00 PM) View Post

The way I see it M$ better show some Halo 3 or something spectacular because they don't seem to have anything worth talking about compaired to Wii and PS3.

I've seen plenty of articles which cast Too Human, Gears of War, and several other 360 titles as being quite promising, moreso than with most other previews.  And these were by people who actually played through a level or two, not just watched a video or listened to the publishers' hype.

Just out of curiousity, which PS3 or Wii titles do you consider as being better?  A general "this console rules, that console stinks" isn't much to go on here.
Pages: 1 [2]