xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Do You Think?  (Read 968 times)

lex luther

• Archived User
What Do You Think?
« on: December 15, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »

Do you think most developers will hold off on their big frantise untill Playstation 3 comes out? I seen it done so many times they help kill the poor Dreamcast by holding on to the most look forward too frantise then put it out on ps2. I love my 360 but would like to hear some developers say were are going to bring A new Legacy of kain or Max payne just a example of 2 their is many more i fear that is going to not even be annoced untill their is a final date on PS3. I see a few good 360 titles coming out that i plain on getting Dead or alive 4/Oblivion/tomb raider and the launch was great nice games best launch i  seen in a while but they were mostly FPS and raceing and one playformer Kameo i have played kameo im on the middle of it beat pdz played some pgr3 i really enjoyed pdz but fps get old after a while a man needs somthing compelling and in depth a good rpg or mmorpg and im talking about that final fantasy remix ether they have it coverd on the fps and racing but what about the other types? I really hope these developers don't makes us thrist for a good game untill ps3 has a street date because this system is truly amazing.

xprezz

• Archived User
What Do You Think?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 08:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(lex luther @ Dec 16 2005, 02:00 AM) View Post

Do you think most developers will hold off on their big frantise untill Playstation 3 comes out? I seen it done so many times they help kill the poor Dreamcast by holding on to the most look forward too frantise then put it out on ps2. I love my 360 but would like to hear some developers say were are going to bring A new Legacy of kain or Max payne just a example of 2 their is many more i fear that is going to not even be annoced untill their is a final date on PS3. I see a few good 360 titles coming out that i plain on getting Dead or alive 4/Oblivion/tomb raider and the launch was great nice games best launch i  seen in a while but they were mostly FPS and raceing and one playformer Kameo i have played kameo im on the middle of it beat pdz played some pgr3 i really enjoyed pdz but fps get old after a while a man needs somthing compelling and in depth a good rpg or mmorpg and im talking about that final fantasy remix ether they have it coverd on the fps and racing but what about the other types? I really hope these developers don't makes us thrist for a good game untill ps3 has a street date because this system is truly amazing.

You make my head hurt..

lex luther

• Archived User
What Do You Think?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 11:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(xprezz @ Dec 16 2005, 10:33 AM) View Post

You make my head hurt..

well then keep your input to your self.

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
What Do You Think?
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »

It's all about the $
they will make a game available to whom the console has more marketshare. In this case it's 360 since it has no competitor till ps3 comes out. Once it's out then it's all about attempting to make the game compatible for both consoles. The unfortunate thing is that PS3 and 360 start blocking developers by signing them to exclusivity rights where they are only allowed to develop games for a particular console to wipe the other one out. It's all about the MONEY!

kidkinetix

• Archived User
What Do You Think?
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

You make xprezz's head hurt because:

1 You don't have an informative subject
2 Your Grammer is bad (where are your periods?)
3 Your spelling is bad

And it's a dramatic rant about nothing.  A lot of developers got comfortable making stuff for playstation, same with xbox.  Most big games will go to both.  Lots of games get tied up with $.  It's a business, you can't have all the good games on the same system so too bad so sad.  I'd rather see a developer get a game right for one console rather then spread themselves out too thin and make it suck on two or three consoles.  Even if i have to go to my friends house to play because he has a system I don't.

lex luther

• Archived User
What Do You Think?
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(kidkinetix @ Dec 16 2005, 05:54 PM) View Post

You make xprezz's head hurt because:

1 You don't have an informative subject
2 Your Grammer is bad (where are your periods?)
3 Your spelling is bad

And it's a dramatic rant about nothing.  A lot of developers got comfortable making stuff for playstation, same with xbox.  Most big games will go to both.  Lots of games get tied up with $.  It's a business, you can't have all the good games on the same system so too bad so sad.  I'd rather see a developer get a game right for one console rather then spread themselves out too thin and make it suck on two or three consoles.  Even if i have to go to my friends house to play because he has a system I don't.

Yeh im no typos champ i was tired when i made that post.

thax

• Archived User
What Do You Think?
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(lex luther @ Dec 16 2005, 02:00 AM) View Post
I see a few good 360 titles coming out that i plain on getting Dead or alive 4/Oblivion/tomb raider and the launch was great nice games best launch i  seen in a while but they were mostly FPS and raceing and one playformer Kameo i have played kameo im on the middle of it beat pdz played some pgr3 i really enjoyed pdz but fps get old after a while a man needs somthing compelling and in depth a good rpg or mmorpg and im talking about that final fantasy remix ether they have it coverd on the fps and racing but what about the other types?

Please attempt to use capitalization, periods, paragraphs, grammar and proper spelling if you would like people to respond to whatever it is that you are trying to say.