xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Pgr3 Achievements  (Read 3458 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« on: December 09, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »

This is a work in progress... Lots of people seem to ask how to earn the achievements in PGR, It's not as clear as some other games. I was rather curious myself. I can't seem to find any guides online so I scoured a few boards and gathered what I could... If you can fill in any blanks or know something contrary to what I've posted let me know and I'll update this beerchug.gif

=============

Rank 10 - 20GP
Achieve Rank 10 in Solo Career.

Rank 5 - 50GP
Achieve Rank 5 in Solo Career.

Rank 1 - 80GP
Achieve Rank 1 in Solo Career.

Exotic Car Club - 45GP
Have the following in your garage(s) at the same time:
-Callaway Sledgehammer Twin Turbo
-Corvette ZR1
-Ford GT-40 MK 1
-Mclaren F1 LM
-Ruf CTR "Yellow Bird"
-Shelby GT 500
-TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve

Lamborghini Owners Club - 45GP
-Lamborghini Countach 25th
-Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0
-Lamborghini Diablo GT
-Lamborghini Gallardo
-Lamborghini Miura P400 SV
-Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2
-Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT

Ferrari Owners Club - 45GP
-Ferrari 360 C.S.
-Ferrari 575M Maranello
-Ferrari Enzo F60
-Ferrari F355 GTS
-Ferrari F40
-Ferrari F430
-Ferrari F50
-Ferrari F50 GT
-Ferrari GTO Evoluzione
-Ferrari Testarossa

Track Builder - 10GP
Build and save 10 custom routes

Photographer - 10GP
Take a picture during a race in each of the featured areas:
Las Vegas
London
New York
Nurburgring
Tokyo

Gotham TV Sports Fan - 15GP
Watch ten races on Gotham TV (they do not have to be all the way through) and save a replay of one of your own races.
You wont receive the achievement immediately but next time you login. Also the "Achievment Unlocked" icon wont ever pop up so you'll have to check yourself to see if you've earned it yet.

Arcade Player - 15GP
Play both Geometry Wars games in the garage.
Alternatively you can purchase the Geometry Wars game from the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Gotham Hero - 30GP
Finish a race featured on GTV. (only random Online Career Races are features on GTV)

Steel Champion - 30GP
Earn Steel or better Badges in every event in Solo Career.

Bronze Champion - 50GP
Earn Bronze or better Badges in every event in Solo Career.

Silver Champion - 60GP
Earn Silver or better Badges in every event in Solo Career.

Gold Champion - 75GP
Earn Gold or better Badges in every event in Solo Career.

Platinum Champion - 100GP
Earn Platinum Badges in every event in Solo Career.

Online Professional - 60GP
Earn the Following Online Badges
- 50 online races
- Start Last/Finish 1st
- 3-event win streak
- Clean race
- Win each scenario
**There is currently a glitch that prevents this achievement from being earned.**

Race Against the Clock - 50GP
Set a track time for every track in Race Against the Clock mode. (only one class per track is needed)

Pro Racer Badge - 60GP
Earn the Pro Racer Badge (you do this by winning a Platinum medal using a manual transmission)

Style Racer Badge - 50GP
Earn the Following Badges:
- 25m powerslide
- 10x Combo
- 25k Online Kudos
- 1k Kudos in a race
- Kudos for every maneuver (this means in one race, see below)

You can see which badges you have earned by entering the "Achievements" option from the main menu.
Also you can see which Kudos maneuvers you've completed by entering the "General Statistics" option under the Achievements menu.

One of the hardest badges to earn is the "Kudos for every Maneuver" here is a guide on how to achieve that

the definitive list of what you need to get
-Drafting
-Overtake
-Overtake (Draft)
-Air
-Two Wheels
-360!
-Braking Drift
-Braking Feint
-Braking Power Over
-Drift
-E-Brake Slide
-Feint Drift
-Power Feint
-Power Over
-Combo Bonus <- awarded for linking up any of the above maneuvers
-Clean Section <- awarded at every check point
-Fastest Lap <- awarded after every lap, only one lap needs to be the fastest
-Clean Race <- awarded when you win the race (provided you had a clean race)
-Top Speed <- awarded when you win the race (provided you had the highest top speed)
-Position Bonus <-awarded when you win the race (provided you win)

What you DON'T need to get:
-Cone Gate
-Racing Line Accuracy
-Time Bonus

Neither the list in the book nor the list in the achievements menu is complete.

I did it on the last track in solo career set to novice. I picked the McLaren for this course because it seems to slide the easiest without being completely out of control like the Ferrari F50 GT. The track is wide open so as long as you're not completely stupid clean race is cake, also on novice you could easily lap all the other cars which makes it easy to get way ahead of them to get the Air, Two Wheels, and 360! Kudos. I start off trying to get the Draft, Overtake, and Overtake (Draft) kudos then once I do that I just blow by them getting a few random drifting kudos until I'm spaced out enough to get the harder ones like 360 Air and two wheels, once that's done just work on the drift/slide-list.

Also Clean Race IS required, that means you can't touch a single wall or a single other car EVER. This makes draft pass one of the hardest things to get because honestly the other cars just go too damn slow.
Top Speed is also required so make sure you set something record worthy on the stretch (don't crash). Neither of those will show up during the race, just make sure you do them. Everything else I've listed will show up during the race (including Fastest Lap).

For Air and Two Wheels the hairpin turn just before the last stretch is the best place to get them the apex of that corner is like a jump it you hit it straight at a good speed you'll catch air no problem, if you hit it a bit slower with just the left side of your car you can get Two wheels. (if you have trouble with 2 wheels try turning a little when you hit it to shift your weight).

Here is a breakdown of how to perform the various types of slides. from "megasnake" on the gs forums:

E-Brake Slide (using the handbrake to slide)
Feint Drift (when the turn comes up, steer in the opposite direction of the turn shortly then suddenly turn the wheel to the right direction at full force to make the car's weight shift slide the car in order to make the corner)
Braking Drift (use the brakes to slide)
Power Over (slide through a corner using your cars rev power to create a slide, so basically overuse the gas to slide)
Power Feint (combination of feint drift and power over , best done by releasing gas in front a corner doing the feint drift and apply a lot of gas while turning the wheel)
Braking Feint ( apply the power feint maneuver but instead of gas use brake , hard to pull off because the game will often see it as braking drift instead)
Braking Power Over ( approach a corner much to fast , then just in front of the corner release the gas , AFTER THAT just hit the brakes hard while maneuvering your car through the corner)

What I did was write down a list of all the maneuvers and paid attention on the screen, whenever I earned something I paused the game and checked it off... I was able to get this badge in 3 tries. The first try I missed on of the slides, I didn't know how to do, then I found the above descriptions.The 2nd try I hit another car in the first lap trying to draft pass so I just exited, and the 3rd try I got it.

crobar

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

track builder you build like 12 tracks or somthing...im at work ill check the box when i get home

metaldevil

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »

^^^ Yeah, you have to build and save them for the Track Builder Achievement. I think it's only ten tracks, though. Sorry, it's been a while. (IMG:http://forums.xbox-scene.com/style_images/oldx/folder_post_icons/icon4.gif)

For the Pro Racer Badge, you have to win a Platinum medal using manual transmission. The drift events and the "time vs. Kudos" events are both ideal for this achievement. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

For the Arcade Player Achievement, you have to play both Geometry Wars games in your Starter Garage. After you exit (or die) in the second game, you will receive this achievement when you're logged back in. As far as I know, it's not dependent on which game you choose to play first.

I'm still working on the Style Racer Badge, but this is what the game says: 25m powerslide, 10x combo, 25,000 online Kudos, 1,000 Kudos in a race, Kudos for every maneuver. I'm as sure as sin that I've done all of the requirements for this achievement, but no dice. I think I may have missed the 25m powerslide, but I've nailed the never-ending powerslide without a problem on the Vegas track. Then again, it's not a track specific goal so I think I might give it a go on the test track. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

maxgeek

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 08:10:00 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out the style racer one myself.

I got the Pro Racer one on the last race. (F1 circuit) I think its pretty easy to beat the computer on Platinum if you pick the right car. I found the Ford GT to have an advantage against the computers on that track. So I raced with the manual against them with that car.

fastTOE

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »

metaldevil,... if you go into the acheivements menu IN GAME and go to genera stats somewhere in that list it will tell you the longest drift,... im sure you have at least 25m,... i think mine said like 160m or something,.... so 25 cant be hard

Tripme

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »

Arcade Player
-Its when you purchase Geometry Wars and play it.  You get the achievement next time you play PGR3.

Track Builder
-Build and save 10 tracks

You can see descriptions of them on the xbox guide menu.

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 10:52:00 PM »

U don't need 2 buy geometry wars for that

Tripme

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »

Really....it unlocked right after I got geometry wars...idk lol

metaldevil

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(fastTOE @ Dec 9 2005, 10:41 PM) *

metaldevil,... if you go into the acheivements menu IN GAME and go to genera stats somewhere in that list it will tell you the longest drift,... im sure you have at least 25m,... i think mine said like 160m or something,.... so 25 cant be hard
Then I must be missing something else. I just don't know what because I'm pretty sure I've met the requirements. Maybe I need to find some more maneuvers for the "kudos for every maneuver" thingy. I don't think I've come across anyone that has that achievement. I only need four more to complete the list. The Gold Achievement is within reach except for the Timed Run on the Nürburgring.

@Tripme:
You do not have to purchase Geo Wars for the Arcade Player achievement. You can get it by doing what I said eariler in the thread. However, it's interesting that you can unlock that achievement by purchasing the game. Thanks for the info. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 09:17:00 AM »

have you done a 360?

looking at my kudos stats that's the only kudos item that I've never done...

You need to pic a track with a really wide open area, then pick a rear wheel drive car with more power than it's own good. use the e-brake for the first 180 and the over bearing power for the last 180.

I used to do them in PGR2 all the time but I haven't tried it in PGR3 yet.

top post updated.

is it just me or is PGR3 much harder to achieve stuff in then most of the other games.

I see just about everyone with COD2 has 200GP from it, 50 for basic training and 150 for completing the war

I see just about everyone with Madden 06 has the full 1000GP from it. If you play a single season and Sim out 30 years I'm fairly certain you get 80 or 90% of the achievments... and the last bit is just exploring the options in the game.  dry.gif

Geometry wars is really tough to get GP in as well. I guess Bizarre wants us to work for it  wink.gif

metaldevil

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »

Yes, that's true. BC do make their games more challenging than a lot of other gamemakers while keeping them fun and addictive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I like the achievements, especially the challenge of the two BC games as well as Hexic (haven't tried out PDZ yet). It's the Gamerscore I don't care for. I wish we could at least do something with it. Free Live Arcade game with every 5000 points maybe? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Hell, I don't think I've broken 500 yet. lol

Edit: For the Race Against the Clock Achievement, you need to set a lap time for every circuit in, duh, "Race Against the Clock" mode (under Playtime). Very time-consuming but also very easy.

Gotham TV Sports Fan - 15GP
Online Professional - 60GP
Race Against the Clock - 50GP
Style Racer Badge - 50GP

This post has been edited by metaldevil: Dec 10 2005, 08:08 PM

spinr34

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »

i think the style racer badge is an online career badge. cause online career is the only place you get an award for 25k kudos and other things that the style racer badge requires.  when i get some more time to play online which is in a week or so, check my gamercard, i have a feeling i'll have that style racer ;p

pork

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »

okay got a question about gotham tv sports fan

i watched 10 live feeds, and on not one of them did i see the option to save a replay... what am i missing

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(pork @ Dec 10 2005, 05:39 PM) View Post

okay got a question about gotham tv sports fan

i watched 10 live feeds, and on not one of them did i see the option to save a replay... what am i missing

you save a replay of one of your own races... not one you watched.

MadEx

• Archived User
Pgr3 Achievements
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »

This may or may not be helpful to people but I got the Style Racer badge after one of the cone challenges. Maybe it was a certain score that I got above, or perhaps I didn't crash in it (don't remember) or maybe all the turns were "stylish."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4