xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy On Xbox 360? *update*  (Read 858 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy On Xbox 360? *update*
« on: November 15, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »

Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy On Xbox 360? *update*-- Posted by XanTium on November 15 13:38 EST
From 1up.com:

*UPDATE* We've[1up.com] just confirmed with Square Enix that Wada's comments in the Reuters report are apparently inaccurate. We'll[1up.com] have more on this soon.

*Original Story* According to a Reuters Japan report, during an interview, Wada mentioned that next-generation Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy could end up on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and that we should know more about the company's policy on multi-platform development by next year's Electronic Entertainment Expo.
There are several possibilities here. There could be a mistranslation (we're currently contacting Square Enix), Wada could simply be conjecturing and his comments are being blown out of proportion, or he's referencing Square Enix's plans for online gaming, which would make more sense considering Final Fantasy XI's appearance on Xbox 360.

Read More: 1up.com

asteron

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 03:28:00 PM »

My Japanese skills are rather poor but I will try out some of the article...

Reuters November 15 - Tokyo: Square Enix (9684.T)'s President, Wada Yoichi(?), in a Reuters interview, expresses the possibility of offering a mutual release of the new installments of the popular game software "Dragon Quest" (DraQu) and "Final Fantasy" (FF) on Sony subsidiary Sony Computer Entertainment's (SCE) next generation home game system "PlayStation 3" (PS3) and American MS's (MSFT.0) next generation home game system "XBox360".

...Something about stock prices going down...

Concerning new installments of popular game software "DraQu" and "FF", President Wada says "On the issue of(?) 'PS3' and 'XBox360' plans will be frozen no later than may of next year at the (world's largest game show) 'E3'".

MS's 'XBox360' will be out for sale in Japan on December 10. Sony plans for the "PS3' to be out for sale next spring.

Bahhh this is too hard... but you get the jist I suppose.

EDIT Hmmm... the board translates Micro.soft (sans period) to MS. Weird.

This post has been edited by asteron: Nov 15 2005, 11:33 PM

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »

this does go along with what one of the big shots at square said a few months back......

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/638/638865p1.html

i dont care for the FF series and i love RPGS (i dont like walking 5 feet and fighting for 40 hours) but it would do wonders for the 360 to have this game.

quall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »

Click on the 1up article again...

"UPDATE: We've just confirmed with Square Enix that Wada's comments in the Reuters report are apparently inaccurate. We'll have more on this soon."

This post has been edited by quall: Nov 16 2005, 01:11 AM