xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ghost In The Shell 2  (Read 1131 times)

dietrite

• Archived User
Ghost In The Shell 2
« on: September 17, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »

Any1 watch this movie yet?

http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,...html?tw=rss.TOP

edit: i just watched it and all i can say is WOW. very trippy/intriguing. I still have a few questions on my mind, but I will probably go see the movie a second time to better absorb it. mind-blowing.

This post has been edited by dietrite on Sep 18 2004, 07:32 AM

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Ghost In The Shell 2
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 11:32:00 PM »

good movie

i just saw GiTS yesterday so it was really fresh in my mind

i know it what was goin down from "2501"

lebriznon

• Archived User
Ghost In The Shell 2
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »

how is it compared to the first ghost in the shell?  better? i wasnt astounded or anything by it, but it was decent.   perhaps this one is worth a look?

Helios

• Archived User
Ghost In The Shell 2
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 06:33:00 AM »

I saw the first one and it was cool as..... Is the second one simlar or something? is it going to be in the movies or just on dvd? I wanna see it so much.... the first one was sick

dietrite

• Archived User
Ghost In The Shell 2
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »

the second one is in select theaters officialy (since yesterday)..

lebriznon, the movie makes you think, and it is beautifully orchestrated, it's like metropolis but bolder and not with the stupid looking characters/corny themes. they're gunfight scenes and ELITE investigative work. scenes that make you say hell ya, this dood [main character] is on top of his game, because you'll be confused about something, and the main character [Batou] will explain it to his partner (who is very very confused and not at the same level as his replacement Major Motoko Kusanagi [the robot chick from the first one]) it's like the corruptor combined with metropolis, taking on a grainy/serious form.

Ween311

• Archived User
Ghost In The Shell 2
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »

I'm not super into anime but if this is even half as good as Ghost in The Shell, it will be awesome.  I hope it comes to my town soon.

lebriznon

• Archived User
Ghost In The Shell 2
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2004, 01:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (dietrite @ Sep 18 2004, 11:31 AM)

lebriznon, the movie makes you think, and it is beautifully orchestrated, it's like metropolis but bolder and not with the stupid looking characters/corny themes. they're gunfight scenes and ELITE investigative work. scenes that make you say hell ya, this dood [main character] is on top of his game, because you'll be confused about something, and the main character [Batou] will explain it to his partner (who is very very confused and not at the same level as his replacement Major Motoko Kusanagi [the robot chick from the first one]) it's like the corruptor combined with metropolis, taking on a grainy/serious form.

hmm cool.  i did like metropolis. i think i'll get it when its on dvd.

mattyj25

• Archived User
Ghost In The Shell 2
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 11:00:00 PM »

NO DOUBT!  I have found some people that actually like Metropolis!  I thought that movie and the first Ghost in teh shell were excellent.  Everyone that I mention it to (in person, not in forums) have never heard of it.

dietrite

• Archived User
Ghost In The Shell 2
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 12:49:00 AM »

Metropolis was awesome, I just hated the corny music (WHY MAN WHY!!! WHY NOT TRANCE???) and the annoying uncle and english dubs. had that one kid kenichi sounding like a FEMALE grrrr  :lol:

i liked it so much i was trying to figure out how to replace the music and incorporate some dieselboy D&B or trance music, but gave up.  <_<

Big_Peb

• Archived User
Ghost In The Shell 2
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 11:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (dietrite @ Sep 18 2004, 07:31 PM)

how come Kusanagi wasn't in this movie? if i recall correctly was she in a child's body at the end of the first one till she could get a replacement? how come she wasn't in this one?

dietrite

• Archived User
Ghost In The Shell 2
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 11:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (Big_Peb @ Oct 20 2004, 10:14 PM)
how come Kusanagi wasn't in this movie? if i recall correctly was she in a child's body at the end of the first one till she could get a replacement? how come she wasn't in this one?

she was in that geisha doll's body towards the end of the movie, if i correctly remember.. she helped batou in the end.

Baner

• Archived User
Ghost In The Shell 2
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 03:27:00 PM »

You guys might wanna look into "Lain". It's a great anime, makes you think much like these.

Big_Peb

• Archived User
Ghost In The Shell 2
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2004, 09:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (dietrite @ Oct 21 2004, 06:58 AM)
she was in that geisha doll's body towards the end of the movie, if i correctly remember.. she helped batou in the end.

ok. it didn't make a lot of sense to my why the main character of the series what be the main character in the second movie but oh well, i always found batou to be very cool in the first gits and in sac (from the episodes i saw). i've heard good things about lain, gonna have to check that out soon.