xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: That New Blurry Image Of The Power Button Is Fake  (Read 1275 times)

Shorties

• Archived User
That New Blurry Image Of The Power Button Is Fake
« on: May 04, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »

that blury image appeared pretty recently on what people thought was gamem8kers Photobucket page...Here is the original

(IMG:http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts/xbox360/rumor/05-04_02.jpg)

I was skeptical but when I saw that I was even more skeptical because I had seen that before...something I look at all the time...I just could not figure it out. then today I saw it on teamxbox's web site and it hit me...its an Emachines Power Button (I have an emachines monitor) and so here are pictures I took of mine as you can see the E logo is on his too thus proving its fake  :)

(IMG:http://x2.putfile.com/5/12319533457.jpg)
(IMG:http://x2.putfile.com/5/12319535560.jpg)
(IMG:http://x2.putfile.com/5/12319540644.jpg)

This post has been edited by Shorties: May 5 2005, 02:59 AM <

delusional696

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »

nice job shorties :beer: <

Pryme

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »

OMFG I thought the exact same thing. If you look at the lower-left, you can see a change in color or depth. I didn't think with the whole 360 idea, the power button would have an unbalanced symbol on it. My neighbor uses an emachine and I play over at his house all the time on it. Something hit home with me, but I couldn't understand where I saw it. Thank goodness you found it before I went insane. GJ dude  :beer: <

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »

I tried all sorts of filters on the blurry original image and couldnt make sense of the symbol on it but yes indeedy its the same E as on those. I was wondering where a button like that would fit into on the x360 as the leaked pictures didnt have one and it didnt look like it was on the controller (the center button, no back/forward). <

leftyfb

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

Whether the button picture is fake or not I don't know, but I do know that the picture is not of an e-machine button. If you look, they are not the same. There is a "bezel" around the button in the released picture that is not on the e-machine buttons.

Also, whatever the button is on is rounded in some way, it is not flat like the monitor and is a lot smoother texture that than of the monitor. <

Shorties

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(leftyfb @ May 4 2005, 06:53 PM)
Whether the button picture is fake or not I don't know, but I do know that the picture is not of an e-machine button. If you look, they are not the same. There is a "bezel" around the button in the released picture that is not on the e-machine buttons.

Also, whatever the button is on is rounded in some way, it is not flat like the monitor and is a lot smoother texture that than of the monitor.

Yes but that button was on all emachines for a while (now they have a simmular but black button) that easyly could be on a computer case and not a flat monitor like mine and I dont know about that bezel its possible that the desktop machines have one. <

seiggy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 10:41:00 PM »

maybe its not supposed to be a xbox 360 button...maybe its a emachines monitor button on purpose...link this with the RGB picture, and maybe he's tryin to hint that Xbox 360 has VGA support... <

scotty2hotty1124

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 06:14:00 AM »

well guys...actually i dont think its the monitor button...but maybe the PC power button...cuz in the blurry image you can see the "power symbol" above the green circle...and on the monitor, its below...but its still and EMACHINE's logo! <

xbx_gamin

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 06:25:00 AM »

pwned. <

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 06:27:00 AM »

That is hilarious!  :beer: <

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 07:21:00 AM »

Good find.  There is in fact no bezel on either of the buttons.. although I believe he meant to say bevel.  There IS a bevel on both of the buttons.  The reason it stands out so vividly in gamem8kers pic is that the lighting is hard and from the top, so the bevel is reflecting the most light towards the camera. I'm sure if shorties did some messing with his lighting he could produce the same effect.

Take note at how the LEDs are diffused into the ring, they are identical with two hotspots on the top of the ring and a single one on the bottom, with a sort of hazy diffuse in between.

This post has been edited by lowendfrequency: May 5 2005, 02:22 PM <

Arjun

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 07:39:00 AM »

If this was the Xbox power button, why the hell didn't MS realize no one likes green and that we are just going to change it anyway? <

mikedavis2838

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »

Could that be a pic of the button on the prototype xbox controller?

“It (The big button in the centre of that pad, that will be called the 'Xbox 360 Button') gives you instant access, globally, from whatever you’re doing, to your Xbox360 menus,” explained our source, speaking under terms of strict anonymity. “They’re going to show it at the E3 conference in all its glory, but in a nutshell, if you’re watching a DVD, you’re still signed into your Friends list, so you can still be invited into games, discussions and other Live events. You’re always connected to the community. It’s like the interactive button for digital TV. And this really is the key factor to bear in mind with the upgraded Live system. It will be a lot more like a digital TV experience, just more interactive. MS is looking at the viability of Live competing with the set-top box and this Xbox 360 button in the key to this.” <

Shorties

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 11:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(mikedavis2838 @ May 5 2005, 10:59 AM)
Could that be a pic of the button on the prototype xbox controller?

“It (The big button in the centre of that pad, that will be called the 'Xbox 360 Button') gives you instant access, globally, from whatever you’re doing, to your Xbox360 menus,” explained our source, speaking under terms of strict anonymity. “They’re going to show it at the E3 conference in all its glory, but in a nutshell, if you’re watching a DVD, you’re still signed into your Friends list, so you can still be invited into games, discussions and other Live events. You’re always connected to the community. It’s like the interactive button for digital TV. And this really is the key factor to bear in mind with the upgraded Live system. It will be a lot more like a digital TV experience, just more interactive. MS is looking at the viability of Live competing with the set-top box and this Xbox 360 button in the key to this.”

But you can see the E on the original picture <

NLApex

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 05:48:00 AM »

If this isn't an 'e'..i'll turn into a smurf!

(IMG:http://www.wyger.nl/usr/NLApex/smurf.jpg) <