xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bios Update V 1.1 Xbox With Evod.6 Bios  (Read 934 times)

ajmaverick

• Archived User
Bios Update V 1.1 Xbox With Evod.6 Bios
« on: April 15, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

Hey guys, I was using Slayer 2.6 auto-installer to put in a new 200GB Seagate hard drive. Currently I have a sst LPC modchip and the EvoD.6 w/ Eject Fix Bios. I want to upgrade my BIOS so that I can get all 200GB out of my drive because it is limting me to 137Gb. I tried to use the Flash Bios update that is included in the Slayer Disc but when it goes to flashing the window pops up with chip info and then says "Erasing." and just hangs (The clock and everything still runs though. I can turn off the Xbox and it just resorts to what I had before. Which Bios and/or flash utility do I need to use to get 200GB available to use. Thanks. Adrian.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 05:21:00 AM »

use XFlash V2 (For SST49LF020) it reliably flashes these chips. Make sure the chip is not flash protected.

ajmaverick

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »

Thanks a lot man, got it and will try it out today witht the Evox M8 Bios.

ajmaverick

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

Hey Chancer, or anyone else. I ran the Xflash V2 for the sst chip and I followed the instructions. Took the files and placed them on the Xbox Hd. Put the M8 bios (not the 1.6 version) in the same folder as the Xflash and when I load it, it just shows a light blue screen and does not do anything, just hangs. Does that mean my chip is flash protected? Or do I need to another flashing tool or just run this one off of a disc? Thanks.