xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Flashed Spiderchip With X2 Pgmr, How Do I Know It  (Read 1813 times)

Chancer

• Archived User
Flashed Spiderchip With X2 Pgmr, How Do I Know It
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2004, 08:10:00 AM »

ol no its not plugged into both

Thats my whole point it has to be plugged into both. thats why its not working.
Usb is for the power only the programming is done through the paralell port

teo

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2004, 09:03:00 AM »

lol i realise the error of my ways ... ive flashed it with x2 bios and am currently burning up the roads in need for speed.... JOY.....now if only i could get evoXm8+ bios working .... it hangs on startup....plus i managed to break off one of the wires on the switch...thats next of my list...

anyways, cheers for your help

Willyboy218

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2005, 07:49:00 AM »

I've got the spiderchip and the X2 programmer. But the spider never seems to be found. Can one of you guys send me your lpt port settings so i can get back to playing xbox.

bboy_flex

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »

Heres what i have found. The x2 programmer seems to work great with the v1.0 spiderchips but will not detect the v1.1 spiderchips. There have been some rare occasions of it detecting a v1.1 chip however.

Willyboy218

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2005, 05:05:00 PM »

That's probably why mine isn't working. I have a 1.1 chip

Morlok8k

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2005, 01:02:00 AM »

someone said that the spiderchip bios wasnt compatable with the 1.6b.

while true with the 1.0 spiderchip, is untrue with the 1.1 spider.  Both versions are compatible hardware-wise, but the 1.1 has a 1.0-1.6b compatible bios, while the 1.0 is compatible with only 1.0-1.6 xboxs.

to flash the 1.0 on a 1.6b, put it in a older box and flash it there, then put it in the 1.6b box.

hope this helps!

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »

while true with the 1.0 spiderchip, is untrue with the 1.1 spider. Both versions are compatible hardware-wise, but the 1.1 has a 1.0-1.6b compatible bios, while the 1.0 is compatible with only 1.0-1.6 xboxs.

The amount of misinformation here is unbelieveable.
 Both versions of the spiderchip contain Flashbios which works on both versions of the 1.6 (Hynix and samsung Ram). I have solder fitted a lot of these for people who thought they could install solderless but found out they could not and both spiderchip versions work on all boxes
The only quirk with this bios is sometimes you have to boot the machine a lot of times to get the flash screen to appear in the 1.6 but persistence pays off.
Pages: 1 [2]