xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Alladin Advance +64  (Read 867 times)

jt9d

• Archived User
Alladin Advance +64
« on: September 12, 2004, 05:57:00 AM »

Hi Guys, I am currently trying to get a alladin advance +64 modchip to work with a V1.4 xbox.

Once installed when starting xbox with chip enabled eject light goes red then orange(as it should) but then the xbox reboots and starts up with MS bios and dash. No bootscreen appears before reboot.
The xbox works fine with chip off.
The things i have tried are:
1. Carefully checked all solder points with multimeter and resoldered if looked suspect.
2. Tried grounding D0 so chip always on. the effect was xbox rebooted approx 3 times then eject light flashed red/green.
3.Replaced removable chip thats in a surface mount holder on Alladin chip with one out of a identical Alladin modchip thats in a working XBOX. It made no difference.
4.Desoldered Modchip off mainboard and then remotely resoldered all LPC attach points to Mainboard using 2cm long 30 guage wire. Checked carefully with multimeter.Still made no difference.
5.With xbox running(chip off) checked that modchip was getting 3.3v at LPC as per install pictures(just to double check its not a V1.5)(LPC pt 2 is grounded)
6.Chip was supplied with evox M7ej, i bought it as one of 6 chips. I have installed 2 of the other chips and they work great, so the chip should have a working bios.

I have basically decided that the chip has a problem. I have not yet tried another chip in the box.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i could try?
Cheers.