xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lets Make A Difference To Xbmc  (Read 1341 times)

competes2win

• Archived User
Lets Make A Difference To Xbmc
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »

I fear the idea itself will become just like the mock up's plaguing us as of late.

My doubts exactly.... But with any luck, mine and others' doubts will motivate you! for I do wish you well.

Shame I can't dedicate any time, all my spare art time, is dedicated to my own skin. smile.gif

Well that's good to hear!

mikebeecham

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2007, 03:51:00 AM »

Black...I hear what you're saying and I appreciate your opinion.  However, I disagree.  What I do find disappointing, however, is the difference of support between xbox-scene and xbmc forums.

I understand that, in the past, people have tried and failed to get something off the ground, and I completely understand that team BlackBolt has really been the only team that successfully any rabbit out of any hat.

My ponderous thought in all that some people are telling me, however is this...should we really try again, because it's tried and failed in the past?  HELL YES!  If we stop doing things or stop trying to do things because either it will end up disappointing people shoudl NEVER be the basis of action or inaction.  To be honest BB, I can understand how your previous experience in this area can cloud either your judgement or your pespective?

However, that said...we have now got a great-looking list of people who want to share in the vision of creating a professional-looking skin that does justice to the functionality of what is EASILY the best media center out there.

With regards to your fears of this ending up in more mocks that will never end up in production...let me put your fears to rest.  You wont see mockups on the forums because all work in regard to this will be on a disassociated forum.  It will be visible only to those involved in the project.  Second, the very reason I am doing this is because I (along with MANY others) are sick of seeing good looking mock-ups come to nothing...I am guilty of this also with Pandora.

There have been some extremely classy looking mock-ups end up as nothing but graphical inspiration.  At least with this propsed project we aim to do something that will make a difference.  I'm sick of sitting on these forums and seeing nothing significant take place...it's a wasted resource when you think about the talents and gifts that people have in these forums.  We have a WEALTH of people who can do amazing things when they put thier minds to it...but have no support to carry those into fruition.  With this project we will have a team of people who will be able to support each other, regardless of what skill level they will be at.

I would very much value your input also into the project, especially as well have people such as JMarshall, Blittan, BritneysPairs, C-Quel, McGyver and others already offering thier support...but I understand your retisence to get involved, especially as you have a skin coming out soon.

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 07:51:00 AM »

Mike, you have used Vision and Containment right?  Both of these skins blow PM3 out of the water.  The designs of both of them are perfect, Vision is more elegant and Containment is so simple it can be used by chimps.  You really need to take another look around at the skins that are out.  I'm not saying that this is a bad idea, I'm just saying open up a bit.  It doesn't matter what stages the skins are in.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »

In the end it all comes down to personal choice I for one really dislike xTV and will probably never use it but I respect the amount of work that went into it and I know many people do like it

Just like if this product does happen I know many people will think its the greatest skin ever (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) its all about what you think

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Oct 10 2007, 03:15 PM

mikebeecham

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 04:46:00 AM »

I am VERY proud to announce that project:Fluid has now begun, and we have about 17 people on the team...all doing different things.

What comes out of the collaborative process will be interesting to see, but we have a wealth of resource in the team...some more well known that others, and all moving in the same direction, which is good.

Watch this space.

CHI3f

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Oct 10 2007, 10:14 AM) View Post

In the end it all comes down to personal choice I for one really dislike xTV and will probably never use it

OUCH

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(CHI3f @ Oct 18 2007, 03:50 AM) View Post

OUCH

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif   I dislike its style not its code chi3f  wink.gif

CHI3f

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Oct 17 2007, 05:42 PM) View Post

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif   I dislike its style not its code chi3f  wink.gif

I know, I am just f'n with ya wink.gif

shizzle01

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2007, 12:58:00 AM »

jezz whats your default skin right now?

JoeUser38

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 02:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(shizzle01 @ Oct 18 2007, 01:58 AM) View Post

jezz whats your default skin right now?

I would guess PM3.

I use Vision with the PM3 theme, myself.
Pages: 1 [2]