xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Thumbnail Resolutions  (Read 640 times)

meanstreakFR

• Archived User
Thumbnail Resolutions
« on: August 07, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »

Hi all.

I've been playing around with the pm3 skin to try and get the dvd view to display "near" full screen covers.  All of my covers are back, spine and front as one file and I would like to display them.  My problems are...

1) When I change the sizes in commonviewtypes to maximise the image, the quality goes very ropey.  Is there still a limitation in thumbnail resolutions?

2) Even though I have managed to get the covers full size, the text is about 3 covers behind the actual image being displayed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

SyphOnm

• Archived User
Thumbnail Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »

There is a 256x256 limit

jmarshall

• Archived User
Thumbnail Resolutions
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »

No there isn't.

The limit is in fact set by the user, and can be anything from 64x64 up to 512x512.  You set it via the <thumbsize> tag in advancedsettings.xml.  See the online manual for more.

The default is 192, so a 192x192 area of pixels.  Note that it doesn't have to be square - if you are using wide icons that are only 64 pixels high, then the equivalent size is 64x576.  This is the size they'll be cached at.

The interpretation of the number passed in to <thumbsize> is the square root of the maximal number of pixels to cache the image at.  Images are cached with aspect ratio intact.