xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Amped  (Read 660 times)

Broads

• Archived User
Amped
« on: May 02, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »

IPB Image

Well so far I have the home page complete with working Graphic Equaliser!..

Turning the knob! changes the selected option whilst selecting a button changes the media types.

Speaks for itself really.

Still to Do..! everything really. sad.gif     so if there is anyone that wants to help out then please PM me.

I have plans for a CarMedia screen style fold out tft screen from the cd tray.. !   ah big plans but can I pull them off!....

Terc

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »

Interesting ideas... I'm sorry to say, I'm just not feelin it though.  The skin just looks a little cluttered and unplanned.  Don't let me discourage you though, I love surprises!

Broads

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 05:48:00 AM »

Trust me you wont discourage me,  

However I may run out of steam before the end of the project.
I personally think it works great as is at the moment and navigation is perfectly natural,  

Its also worth mentioning that the graphic equaliser is only visible whilst music is playing if that helps on the cluttered score.  Although I may also move the title playing to the equaliser and then delay the graphics till after I display the title for 5Seconds.

Its still in its early days though and I am open to suggestions.

Just trying to do something a little different than the norm.

Broads

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »

So regardless of any signs of interest,  I am carrying on and have learnt loads so far.

Animation is a pain in the arse.. wink.gif   but I now have my fold out tft screen. smile.gif     its a little slow at folding out at the moment,  but thats just tweaking the timings..

I have also completed most of the common views to my liking,  and am working on Music at the moment,  will move to video next.

Well heres another screenshot.  (this is of the pop out tft)

IPB Image

And heres another one of the amp home page.

IPB Image  - This time without the equaliser.
Still needs some finness work done to it.

Broads

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »

Broads

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »

Amped : Alpha1  Amped Alpha1

Well,  Its functional,  and most bits work,     However I would still appreciate the hand of a GFX person, as whilst I can do stuff.  I am not great,  and thats an understatement.

The skin,  is built from modifications of the vision skin,  and as such things like file manager, weather and Kai have not changed.

The skin was built because I had a crazy thought one day of twisting knobs,  largely down to the suggest to 9t9 about the twist in his widget.  So I built a home page.  I then thought about how to put a screen into it,  and so the pop out tft as found in car media players..  

Whilst I can code and am a c# coder by trade,  I have little time due to family commitments,  so this was put togeather as and when and shows,,  I also took the practice of code reuse to speed development so some things still look distinctly vision esque,  but on the whole I think It has a different look,  not a better one just different.

Well I'll leave it for you guys to take a play with it over  the weekend,  and i'll see what you think..

If you like --- Cool..
If not,  well I ain't bothered.. smile.gif   (much - be easy on me tongue.gif)

If you wanna help improve,  and have time,  these skins appear to suck it out of you,  then by all means do so.

Thoughts for updates  
Grafix,  similar to car stereo head units behind scrolling words on home page.
All common views to have cd view / dvd view overlays.
TFT Pops back in when going back to homepage.
Sounds for eject etc,  if anyone whant to record some.

List is endless.. smile.gif

xboxbox451

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »

Fonts don't appear. I compiled the skin with your build script and tried a copy on a standard non-high def TV, and on XBMC-PC, both showed no fonts.

I see you included a build script. Does your skin require to be compiled before uploading? If this release is for end-users, I'd suggest releasing a compiled build thats thouroghly tested.

Broads

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 03:09:00 PM »

Huh..   mmm seems the fonts were in use for some reason and were not included when I zipped.
Try the new download again..  This time its the compiled version.

BYW forgot to mention only PAL  has been supported so far.

djtoll

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »

Hi,

... its different, Yes !
In the Font Folder of the Skin is missing the TCM.TTF    -   can be ?

CODE
23:14:39 M:537579520   ERROR: Couldn't load font name:font13 file:Q:\media\Fonts\TCM.ttf
23:14:39 M:537579520   ERROR: Couldn't load font name:font14 file:Q:\media\Fonts\TCM.ttf
23:14:39 M:537522176   ERROR: Couldn't load font name:font14_NoBold file:Q:\media\Fonts\TCM.ttf
23:14:39 M:537505792   ERROR: Couldn't load font name:font16 file:Q:\media\Fonts\TCM.ttf
23:14:39 M:537448448   ERROR: Couldn't load font name:font18 file:Q:\media\Fonts\TCM.ttf
23:14:40 M:537391104   ERROR: Couldn't load font name:font20 file:Q:\media\Fonts\TCM.ttf
23:14:40 M:537374720   ERROR: Couldn't load font name:font22 file:Q:\media\Fonts\TCM.ttf
23:14:40 M:537276416   ERROR: Couldn't load font name:fntHeader file:Q:\media\Fonts\TCM.ttf
23:14:40 M:537260032   ERROR: Couldn't load font name:fntLED_Large file:Q:\media\Fonts\LCDM2L__.ttf

if you could repair that ?  would like him  to test it.

greetz djtoll

EDIT:  sorry I should have read again, or faster write. lol

This post has been edited by djtoll: May 25 2007, 10:32 PM

xboxbox451

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »

Tried your revised package, and the fonts now appear.

You have a good start, though it needs a bit of polishing.

Quick Criticism:
  • When setting the weather location, the font is hardly visible, you may want to ensure all font displays contrast with any backgrounds.
  • The white pointer is not exactly needed for any of the settings menus, especially since you have the textures growing in size to indicate focus. Actually I'd leave that pointer out all together.
  • The animation is rather too slow upon changing windows from the home page.
  • Needs a shutdown menu, or at least a button to turn XBMC off from the Home Page. If you have one I couldn't find it.
  • Need to add Favorites
  • Profiles, has that been incorporated?

I didn't do a thorough check, but that's what I came up with through my once over.

Looking forward to its continued developement.  beerchug.gif

D3vi@nt

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »

hey man im pretty good at gfx so hit me up wit a pm if ya need help smile.gif

Broads

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »

Thanks for the comments xboxbox451,,

I've just come back from a mini break and I will try and deal with some of those issues in due course.
In the mean time heres some answers to your questions.

When setting the weather location, the font is hardly visible, you may want to ensure all font displays contrast with any backgrounds.  - Yes, agree will have a re-think on colors.

The white pointer is not exactly needed for any of the settings menus, especially since you have the textures growing in size to indicate focus. Actually I'd leave that pointer out all together.
- I like it as sometimes despite the focus, you can get a little lost.. well  I can ;p ,  but may think about making it optional.

The animation is rather too slow upon changing windows from the home page.
-agreed,, its faster than it was though.. wink.gif  and it does still need the close down as well so is still to be tweaked further.

Needs a shutdown menu, or at least a button to turn XBMC off from the Home Page. If you have one I couldn't find it.   R click right thumb stick,  still same as vision..

Need to add Favorites  - Yep in due time.  (need to work out what that is ;p)
Profiles, has that been incorporated?  -  the screens are done.

Broads

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »

So i've updated some of the points that xbox451 pointed out, and am now looking at adding the favourites.

However,  can anyone tell me how 1st of all you add an item to the favourites.?
Then how you test it with the PC based dev tool (forget its name)

A list of buttons to use would also help,  as I dont know how to emulate the back / start /  white / black button key presses.  It will save me some running up and down stairs...  

Any ideas how you would like this menu to appear?  within the scroller (home menu) or within the TFT Flip out...

Cheers..

D3vi@nt If you have any ideas I would love to hear them..   you have a pm..

This post has been edited by Broads: Jun 1 2007, 05:23 PM

Berzerker92

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »

looks pretty good so far. lemme know when the beta's out. ill be a tester.

Broads

• Archived User
Amped
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »

So I finally got round to updating with favourites,  in the media menu...  if you look for it.

But.   Can anyone tell me if it works on the xbox,   I have rebuilt my xbox with the latest build ftp'd from my pc same dir as XBMC PC runs from and whilst favourites show I cant get them to play...

This is the same with all the skins,  so if anyone know what that problem may be?

Also the dialog for favourites is way out of position,  but I dont know where to set the start point for this... Any help appreciated.