xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: "concept" Skin  (Read 2561 times)

MrBaaco

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 05:57:00 AM »

Funny where I find GoT user!! Hahahaha

I'll try it tonight and will post feedback... First impression is very nice skin!

phistyle

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 02:49:00 AM »

I'm really loving the skin so far and only have like a few complaints/suggestions.... im not sure what the bar is called but the bar with the controls (menu) with play, ff, rew, video, audio is really small...if you can enlarge it it would be nice and maybe should the speed you are fast forwarding or rewinding...I think the bar from xtv would look or fit this skin perfectly..and one last suggestion...maybe making the animations faster..every time I click something it moves pretty slow...

BreEil

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

Amazing work!

SyphOnm

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »

How about this theme?

IPB Image

IPB Image

BreEil

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »

nice, but i still prefer your original icons. this is definately my default theme now smile.gif
just a few things though, would it be possible to add now playing for music to the homescreen?
and when i hit the info button on my remote the fonts look very big, is this just me?
thanks SyphOnm

SyphOnm

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »

When in homescreen and playing music, just pres start on the controller. I dont know what it is on the remote... So maybe you have to adjust your keymap.xml. Because i couldn't find it in the standard keymap.xml

BreEil

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

thanks for the info mate, i just changed my keymap.xml so that it launches the now playing screen when i press number 1 smile.gif

nick10293847

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »

I love your work on this last xpr SyphOnm. The new bars are much better than the black ones.

While I like the look of the icons as they match the background, I would prefer each to be more unique so I can see what is selected more easily. For instance, a big video camera, a big set of headphones, etc. (i give this a go myself), Maybe even a much bigger font for the titles ie  music, videos, pictures, settings, weather etc

I dont know if he would allow you but i really find dfmos split screen in the music section which shows what is playing as well as allowing you to browse.

I know this is from the original clearity but personally in the nowplaying screen i would prefer the song title to be bigger than it is. Right now the artist is a larger font and i dont see the logic for this as i am looking for what the title is more often than the artist.

Also i would love to see some better views in the movies and tv sections. In my opinion, alot of screen is wasted on 16/9. Im not sure what the view is called but i would love to see more movies fit on the screen like in the new front row skin. For the tv section one of the tv list views with big thumbnails like in xtv would be great. Also one of the new info views would be great.

There was something else but ive forgotten now.

I really like the skin so far and hope you continue with it cos youre heading in the right direction as far as i am concerned.

ltGuillaume

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2007, 05:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(nick10293847 @ Apr 23 2007, 04:38 AM) View Post

I know this is from the original clearity but personally in the nowplaying screen i would prefer the song title to be bigger than it is. Right now the artist is a larger font and i dont see the logic for this as i am looking for what the title is more often than the artist.

Seconded. The new skin is really nice. Although I just wiped Vista from my harddisk to install XP again, its visuals are nice 'n fresh, as does your new skin look.

SyphOnm

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2007, 07:43:00 AM »

Ok working on some fixes now smile.gif

SyphOnm

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »

Are these icons better?

IPB Image

Or does anyone have a better idea for the icons?

phistyle

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »

that looks sweet but how about making the whilte part of the icon the same color as the vista background? or even making the black square white?

nick10293847

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »

Yeh i like these icons more but i would really prefer them if you made the title about 10 times bigger beneath them. Like in the mockup someone posted earlier. I just think it would make navigating from across the room alot easier.

But hey, thats just my opinion and i dont speak for everyone.

Really appreciate the work your doing on this.

ltGuillaume

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2007, 12:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(nick10293847 @ Apr 24 2007, 12:51 AM) View Post

Yeh i like these icons more but i would really prefer them if you made the title about 10 times bigger beneath them. Like in the mockup someone posted earlier. I just think it would make navigating from across the room alot easier.

But hey, thats just my opinion and i dont speak for everyone.

Really appreciate the work your doing on this.

Again, seconded. I really can't choose between the two icon packs when I just look at them on the PC, I'll have to see them on the TV and actually work with them. So, I think you've got yourself two extra textures instead of one. Hell, just release them both, doesn't hurt if you do smile.gif

jazzen1

• Archived User
"concept" Skin
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2007, 05:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(SyphOnm @ Apr 23 2007, 06:25 PM) View Post

Are these icons better?

IPB Image

Or does anyone have a better idea for the icons?

Me love!!!

I like both of the 2 new sets of icons smile.gif

and the new bars and everything looks amazing..

some suggestions though..

I still dont think the icons in music/video is a smooth as on other skins. On focus should be much smoother. like in the settings view (u fixed that one some days ago).. Also on the homescreen it should have a bit more animation.. maybe something like the x-cite skin.. I did not like that skin too much but the way onfocused icons are popping in looks nice..

Last thing... i find the osd i bit hard to see... Maybe make it a bit bigger and with some colours matching the rest of the skin?

just suggestions mate, its an amazingly good skin smile.gif

keep it up

This is just suggestions,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6