xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49

Author Topic: Release: Vision Beta 1 For Xbmc By Ninet9mustang  (Read 17185 times)

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
Release: Vision Beta 1 For Xbmc By Ninet9mustang
« on: March 19, 2007, 08:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(http://blackbolt.x-scene.com)

Today we bring you the first of hopefully many XBMC skins created by users outside of Team Blackbolt but hosted here on our site. 'Vision' is a sleak, dark, glassy skin that uses many new ideas never tried before in XBMC. It is a truley unique skin, through navigation and layout. The author NineT9Mustang, has worked with our own Jezz_X since October 2006 to bring you this first beta.

NineT9Mustang has a solid development plan ahead of him, this being stage 4, the first Beta stage. He plans to take as much feedback as possible through emails and the forums to help make vision better for his next stage, Beta 2. You can read more about the features of Vision by visiting the Vision page in the XBMC Skins section or you can click the thumbnail below.

IPB Image

Click the above image to go to the Vision page or click here.

V I S I O N

I'd like to thank everyone for all the great feedback I got from the screenshots I released a few weeks ago (Feb 26th). Jezz_X and I feel comfortable enough to let the public try this skin out. The sole reason for this beta release is to get feedback on this skin. Try it out, let us know what you loved or hated. This mostly what the skin will look like in the end, We will work hard in implementing what ideas are feasable, and change what needs to be changed for the better.

All information about this skin can be found at Team Blackbolts Website, everything you need to know, so I will keep this thread as simple & short as possible.

For those that followed my previous thread here your probably wondering what the suprise is that comes with this release, well here it is biggrin.gif (Like I said, its small, nothing big, hopefully some of you guys will like it):

Icon Pack (DVD Posters)
Link:      http://putstuff.putf...m/59797/4488843
Screenshot:   
Information:   With the release of this beta comes a pack of DVD Posters! 500+ of them. I personally grabbed 500+ posters: Changed its dimensions to fit into xbmc perfectly. I also edited all of them, I took away small fonts you wouldn’t be able to read (Like critic reviews), Quotes from Movie, Enlarged the Movie Title if necessary, etc.

Icon Pack (TV Episodes)
Link:      http://putstuff.putf...om/59800/114516
Screenshot:   
Information:   Another Icon pack! This pack includes hundreds episode thumbnails to use with your TV Shows. The pack contains around 1,000 Episode Thumbnails from over 15 popular TV Shows. Every Season, Every Episode. All renamed correctly with season numbers, episode numbers & the full-correct  episode name . If you plan on using these thumbs Vision, make sure you have your ‘TV Shows’ in Wide Icon View, and your ‘Episodes’ in View2 (Movie Poster View)… Because they look slick with these settings

This is just the beginning of these packs. I will be creating icon packs for a lot more TV Shows (Next will be ALL 18 Seasons of The Simpsons, Friends, etc). I will be releasing a DVD Poster pack with 1,000+ DVD Posters. So check back in this thread for more information.

Well try out the skin guys, a lot of work has been put into this project, and I hope it shows smile.gif

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 08:44:00 AM »

First!

Awesome Skin, my new default, screw MC360!

j4y3m

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »

laugh.gif Very slick, took me a couple of seconds to realise how everything works but I'm loving it so far. wink.gif

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »

Congratulations, this is superb skinning. The electric blue is gorgeous, and the background design gives such a nice depth, and all tied together with fantastic graphics. The navigation is unique and extremely well designed, with excellent use of the d-pad.

Thanks for the hard work and dedication.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

This post has been edited by xboxbox451: Mar 19 2007, 04:03 PM

phistyle

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 09:05:00 AM »

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet, btw how do you shutdown the xbox with this skin?

This post has been edited by phistyle: Mar 19 2007, 04:13 PM

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(phistyle @ Mar 19 2007, 02:36 PM) View Post

Get off your arse?

marcsmily

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »

world class work i love this skin

but the font is to small for my bad eyes
i dont see the names
but i think this option will added in the next versions

j4y3m

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(phistyle @ Mar 19 2007, 02:36 PM) View Post

Right thumbstick, A.

phistyle

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 09:37:00 AM »

Well i was trying to turn off the xbox using the xbox remote and not the controller.....I dont know if it's just me but the skin don't look as crisp on my hdtv with 720p enabled and where's the rss feed?  Looking great so far though...good work!!!

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »

I am using it in 720p and it looks fantastic, you sure you got it set right?

phistyle

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »

well everything else looks fine and crisp...the only thing that doesnt look as crisp is the bottom half of the home page....I see a lot of shadowing little spots...I forgot what those are called and also theres like a bunch of jaggies around the circle on the guide...a few more quirks is that when playing a video, navigating the options (play, FF, stop, etc) is painfully slow to me, and maybe putting a power menu to shut off, restart, etc. to access easier..and maybe adding some colors to the Weather, Network, System, and Appearance icons like the Videos, Music, Pictures, and Programs under the Settings menu...sorry if I sound like I'm complaining...I'm just trying to give some suggestions from my point of view...

mad2030

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(phistyle @ Mar 19 2007, 04:08 PM) View Post

Well i was trying to turn off the xbox using the xbox remote and not the controller....

Hello,

add  

<zero>XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</zero>

to your XBMC Keymap.xml under

<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>

and you have acess by pressing 0 to the shutdown menu.

By the way, is there no Record button in the Music Overlay Menü? I Want to record some tracks from southcast.

Great skin so far. Will be my default.

By

MAD

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »

Wow!! Looks very nice. Great way of control too. Very innovative. One thing i noticed that makes it seem
a little busy on screen is the left sidebar when in settings, the background text is not a huge difference in shade/color used from the overlayed text, and looked somewhat busy/confusing. Possibly have the background on the sidebar a LITTLE less translusive so the text doesn't blend in so much with the background text. In order to make it easier to make out all the text within. I included a picture to better show what i mean.
  Otherwise, it looks fantastic!!! Thanks so much for the great work guys.
(IMG:http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/djdafreund/xbmc%20icons/screenshot004.jpg)

Using last night's build
(IMG:http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/djdafreund/xbmc%20icons/screenshot002.jpg)

steve2493

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(phistyle @ Mar 19 2007, 03:08 PM) *

Well i was trying to turn off the xbox using the xbox remote and not the controller.....I dont know if it's just me but the skin don't look as crisp on my hdtv with 720p enabled and where's the rss feed?  Looking great so far though...good work!!!

firstly i think this skin could be one off the best so far, looks very nice.
but i don't think it's as crisp as some off the other skins the top half looks abit blurry and the bottomn half
is abit blottchy.

also whats up with the big wide icons, one half fades can this be disabled?
were the rss feed gone?

apart from these little bits great skin

thanks

elitegamer360

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »

Sweet I'll try it tonight  smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49