xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: XBMC Clearity Skin Beta  (Read 4987 times)

Mr-Jack

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #285 on: January 31, 2007, 06:56:00 AM »

Its called Social Awareness..it comes with age....Not foot..Mouth...Engage.

RequimForMe

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #286 on: January 31, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »

Hey guys I just checked out the Changelog from todays release I don't see anything though which would fix the freezing problem.
Then again after going through a bunch of the changed areas in the script I couldn't really find what exactly was causing it. It must be somewhere around the animation options because when they're off everything works perfectly. I'm thinking it could be a memory issue since people have reported that the newer build of the skin takes up far more memory than the old one did.  
I'm gonna go update my SVN right now and I'll tell everyone how it turns out.

Ok so after updating the freezing problems still there. Back to the drawing board to try and figure out what's wrong.

I was wondering does anyone have the older revision right before the freezing problem, that they could upload. I had that one working perfectly but deleted it by accident when I updated. Now all I have is the revision before that one and it has a few errors in the coding which were fixed.

CHI3f

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #287 on: January 31, 2007, 12:10:00 PM »

If the skin is taking up more memory than before and everything is cool if the background animation is not on then it sounds to me like the animation is taking up too much memory. It is probably a result of their sizing, too much waste. I am not certain but I will look now and see what I can't come up with.

CHI3f

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »

Definately wrong.

RequimForMe

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #289 on: January 31, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »

Hmmm... Anyone else have any ideas about what could be causing the freezes that doesn't include memory usage. I'm thinking it's not the memory because in the older revisions when the skin animations were enabled everything worked fine. Now, in this revision it freezes unless everythings turned off, including the skin animations. Also, when everythings off, If I hit X the movie can still play in the background which uses a lot of system resources and memory, without crashing.

CHI3f

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »

Maybe the problem lies within VideoFullScreen.xml

RequimForMe

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »

Ok, I haven't been able to find anything wrong wit the code yet.

For now everyone that's been having this problem, in the meantime while it's getting fixed. I'm gonna re-up the revision from the 24th that I just found on my computer, which was before the freezing problem. You can just use that in the meantime until a fixed release is out.

I changed the code so that you can see through the old big seekbar and I added a few backgrounds under: CLEARITY/MEDIA/BG. Also, I just made up a quick animation so if you go to: SKIN OPTIONS/OTHER OPTIONS/ ENABLE BG ANIMATION you should be able to see just a quick clip I made of a car driving by in the background [it's a little choppy, didn't mean for it to be perfect so no flaming].

Clearity[Jan24]

CHI3f

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2007, 03:17:00 PM »

you could compare the old xml's to the new ones and look for the changes. I am sure that would make it alot easier to find the problem.

RequimForMe

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #293 on: January 31, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »

Yep already started. Not gonna get much time tonight though to work on it. I've also been using: http://xboxmediacent...enter/Clearity/ to help me narrow down which files were changed when.

jmarshall

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #294 on: January 31, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »

The bug is in XBMC, not in Clearity.  It's been fixed in SVN.

There is a workaround for Clearity, but I see little point in bothering with it - Clearity is still in development, and thus it should be expected to have issues here and there.

Cheers,
Jonathan

RequimForMe

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #295 on: January 31, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »

Thanks jmarshall for the XBMC fix, can't wait till the new t3ch release comes out so I can take full advantage of Clearity. Good call CHi3f on the VideoFullScreen.xml. Great skin btw it's absolutely wonderful. In my opinion it could be better than MC360... yes there it is I said it.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #296 on: January 31, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(RequimForMe @ Feb 1 2007, 02:24 PM) View Post

Thanks jmarshall for the XBMC fix, can't wait till the new t3ch release comes out so I can take full advantage of Clearity. Good call CHi3f on the VideoFullScreen.xml. Great skin btw it's absolutely wonderful. In my opinion it could be better than MC360... yes there it is I said it.

OMG the world will end in 1 days he actually said it  aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But seriously yes its a nice skin. And on that note mc360 could be better than mc360 if it wasn't trying to look like an xbox360  tongue.gif

Nubbs

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #297 on: January 31, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »

Or delayed, Pushed back, or Hyped all the time.

6Renegade9

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #298 on: February 01, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »

'Or delayed, Pushed back, or Hyped all the time.'

Lol... So true... Which is why clearity is well loved by the community at this time. After waiting for months for an MC360 release... you cant help but love what this simple skin is capable of. Check out the Reflection on the album arts... Amazing!!!

Lets Hope That MC360 Leaves up to all its Hype... Mind You... i am well aware of what would happen if i say something bad about the delays of MC360 and so i will do what every single user does here... Keep my mouth shut (e.g Someone was too scared to say that Clearity was better than MC360... and that is understandable, apparantly you get a ban for doing so). The Fact Remains... Clearity is a Great Skin...  tongue.gif

MrPike

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #299 on: February 01, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »

Seems like the cast doesn't show in Movie Info, right?
Maybe this has been mentioned before, but "Search Topic" doesn't seem to work atm...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23