xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Xbmc Vs Wii Channels  (Read 1682 times)

manturafs

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »

in one word yes...

however i'm more than open to letting someone use or see the code of what's been done so far.

i got fed up with it because usability wise, it wasn't that great.  only the skin had novelty in the fact it looked like the wii.  however navigation, menus, etc didn't seem to have an intuitive way without a wii remote.  using a directional pad really made the skin not an idea candidate for xbmc.

of course if someone feels differently, they are more than welcome to update it and finish it.  i'd even help out since it'd be cool to see it finished.  it just isn't priority since in the end, only a few people will actually find it appealing as a skin.

gasclown

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(manturafs @ Dec 3 2007, 09:51 PM) View Post

in one word yes...

however i'm more than open to letting someone use or see the code of what's been done so far.

i got fed up with it because usability wise, it wasn't that great.  only the skin had novelty in the fact it looked like the wii.  however navigation, menus, etc didn't seem to have an intuitive way without a wii remote.  using a directional pad really made the skin not an idea candidate for xbmc.

of course if someone feels differently, they are more than welcome to update it and finish it.  i'd even help out since it'd be cool to see it finished.  it just isn't priority since in the end, only a few people will actually find it appealing as a skin.

I agree,  The only work around i saw would be to totally scrap the regular/common views and have an almost plain backgound with big icons (channel style icons maybe) only.  I still have all the work files though, and providing we were going to can most of the view features I'm still prepared to finish.

mbay

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2007, 02:28:00 AM »

I am very sad to hear this - I was sooo looking forward to this great skin. But life calls, I understand. smile.gif

manturafs

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »

if people really want to see this skin finished, i will try to push ahead bit by bit. gasclown, want to send me those files?  i'll do a ghetto release to you few to ask for what sections to update next etc etc.

gasclown

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2008, 10:03:00 PM »

Ok, here's the drum... The last build I have seems maybe 80% complete with some aesthetic and functional caveats.  It was usable at the time, probably not with current t3ch builds though.

I compiled all of my work files (mostly scalable, Vector .PSD's and some animations) and sent to manturafs. After a while of inactivity I contacted manturafs proposing that if we had collectively lost interest - perhaps we should open the SVN for others to continue.  There was no reply and I certainly didn't feel I had the right to open the SVN to you without manturafs' permission.  

I'm completely OK with any of my files being used for this skin to continue.  I do actually have the scripting skills to complete it myself, just not the inclination... I would, however, finish the graphics myself once scripted.

In short, if we can manage to get manturafs' permission to open the SVN the skin itself would still be viable.

mbay

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2008, 01:10:00 AM »

gasclown, nice to cya still breating m8!

I'm sure manturafs wouldn't mind, he's great.

manturafs

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »

yeah, i totally open to having that open and even better if we could get it on the official xbmc svn.  this skin has some great features you can't find on other skins, even the new ones.  too bad just the other stuff is out of date.  looks great, just needs some help with functionality.  i thought i posted to see if there was any interest for someone to take over managing it, but no one responded.  either way, i'm down with it and even help out minorly since the vision is all there now.

manturafs

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »

all right.  this should know be on the xbmc skinning svn.  the location is https://xboxmediacen...mediacenter/Xii.  I hit some errors while committing, so feel free to check it out and see if it works.

shizzle01

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2008, 06:31:00 PM »

wow just tested out the skin and it looks great pop.gif  love.gif

manturafs

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »

hahaha, thanks.  gasclown and i are proud of it, we just never finished it.  i think gasclown is willing to post or up the development graphics as well.

c-2

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »

nicely done! .. wouldn't take much more work to make this one look like a perfect replica ..

360_Hax

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2008, 04:25:00 PM »

This skin is so awesome, I just wish it were a little more current.

manturafs

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2008, 01:13:00 AM »

yeah, the whole right menu from home doesn't even work since it used to go to kai.  everything is pretty much there i think, esp if gasclown posts his images.  i believe a osd is in there somewhere.

360_Hax

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2008, 04:06:00 PM »

Anyone else having issues with navigation in media menus? When I change viewtype I cant seem to be able to go back to selecting a video or music I want to watch.

manturafs

• Archived User
Xbmc Vs Wii Channels
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »

you're using this skin?  ohmy.gif

are you saying you can't go down to the list after changing views?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7