xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Itv Skin  (Read 3259 times)

dhrandy1

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Fred_PJ @ Jan 25 2007, 03:36 PM) View Post

My opinion: the background icons look too blurred, that's what I've noticed immediately. Instead of having the two background icons fully blurred, it should be like this instead:

Weather icon (3rd position) - very blurred
Gear icon (2nd position) - slightly blurred / softened

That's the way a photo focus depth works and that's the way that's in the original iTV UI.

Agreed.

kimgitz

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2007, 03:04:00 AM »

OMG
Simply Love It!

Hey where did my fab itv signature go!

japser

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2007, 07:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Jan 25 2007, 11:52 PM) View Post

Here's the video preview smile.gif

Sorry I go through stuff so quickly; my capture utility seems to crap out on me for some reason if I get over a minute.
I'll try to figure out what's wrong and we'll have a longer and better video when the skin is finished smile.gif

Looks really really great! Only thing I dont like is the weather icon. Although it has that apple style, it doesnt match the rest. Perhaps a globe like icon would fit in better. Like this:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Borrowed the icon from DeviantArt: http://www.deviantar.....h age_scale:5

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2007, 08:03:00 AM »

Looks really really great! Only thing I dont like is the weather icon. Although it has that apple style, it doesnt match the rest. Perhaps a globe like icon would fit in better. Like this:

NO WAY!!

I absolutely love the current weather icon.  The Apple TV interface is NOT aqua, and I don't know what you're talking about when you say you don't think it fits in.

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2007, 08:21:00 AM »

A few things I've noticed still need work (obviously no one has any right to expect perfection, not even a beta has been released)

First, in the screenshots and video, I noticed that the images on the left of the main menu seem stretched horizontally, or vertically compressed.  When you resize these, the best thing to do is scaling, not click and drag.  (if you prefer click and drag, at least hold down the shift key to lock the aspect ratio of the image while resizing)

a comparison:

Apple TV
IPB Image

XTV
IPB Image

Second,
The scroll bar is entirely unneeded, it is useful when you have a mouse, but it does not fit this skin.  Watch the Apple TV, you will never see a scroll bar, it's "extra" and this is a minimalist interface.
IPB Image

Finally, the "highlight" around the selected text could still use some work, it looks like it's still the original image from the first alpha.  I think that was just a colorized version of the one used in PM3.

Please don't take this the wrong way, it's all meant to be constructive, and I know with all the hard work you've put in, it could easily be taken differently.  Keep up the great work, I'm sure a lot of people are very excited to see this release.

CHI3f

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Terc @ Jan 26 2007, 10:28 AM) View Post

First, in the screenshots and video, I noticed that the images on the left of the main menu seem stretched horizontally, or vertically compressed.

Ok, i'll give you that.

And about the scrollbar, I think you are wrong. What if you wanted to listen to some music and had to go through you collection of lets say 500 albums. Would you rather sroll through all those albums individually or use the scrollbar to go through them way faster. There is no way we are making this with out a fast way to go through the lists. But these kind of things are minor details at the moment. We are concerned wtih making the skin fully functional before we worry about how much blur is on a image, the width of an icon, or if the scrollbars should be there or not.

Don't get me wrong I always welcome some constructive critisism, but at least wait till all the functions are done before bombarding us with these minor details. All the things I have seen suggested can be fixed by simply replacing an image or adding a visibility condition. Don't worry you guys we are trying as hard as we can to get this as close as we can but we can only do so much at a time. We are merely posting these screenshots to show everyone that we are not slacking off on this and we are working hard to get it to you guys as soon as possible.

CHI3f

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »

Sorry, I take back what I said about the scrollbars. I always forget about the triggers.

My foot tastes good biggrin.gif

manturafs

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »

yeah, we talked about it and decided to get rid of it.  but for people using a mouse or want the scrollbars, we made it an easy edit in the commonviewtypes.xml.  you just need to change visible to true . smile.gif

jmarshall

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »

As for the stretched images:  Just watch the pixel aspect ratio of an NTSC TV (that you appear to be developing for).

To correct for this in XBMC_PC, click to set res to 4x3, then set to pixel size, then set to aspect ratio.  This will compress NTSC slightly horizontally, thus correcting some of the "stretched" nature of those images.

If you're using <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> XBMC will do all this for you, assuming the image is the correct size to begin with (as viewed on a monitor with square pixels).

Cheers,
Jonathan

liquiddrop

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Terc @ Jan 26 2007, 04:10 PM) View Post

NO WAY!!

I absolutely love the current weather icon.  The Apple TV interface is NOT aqua, and I don't know what you're talking about when you say you don't think it fits in.

i hope im not dissapointing you but, the weather icon is going to change.. im gonna make a new one..

the one we use right now is from a WINDOWS POCKET PC program..  wink.gif

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »

I didn't mean to say you had to change these things, they were just things I felt were an issue.  As far as the weather icon goes, I think my caps lock got the better of me... it's a detail, and honestly, if someone doesn't like it, skins are easy enough to edit.  If this someone is me, that's ok.  I do agree though that the icons should keep away from copywritten material, placeholders are fine.

Fred_PJ

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(manturafs @ Jan 26 2007, 01:15 AM) View Post

we added reflections to most of the views already.  you should be able to see it in the video.
The reflections could be a bit more visible, like in the original iTV. Also, it would be great if the background icons (which like I said before, the second icon looks too blurry) also had reflections.

mad2030

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »

Hello,

no Update today? smile.gif

Keep up your good work. I`m waiting for it.

Ciao

MAD

liquiddrop

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(mad2030 @ Jan 29 2007, 05:09 PM) View Post

Hello,

no Update today? smile.gif

Keep up your good work. I`m waiting for it.

Ciao

MAD

They (the coders) are waiting for some things i need to finish, i hope i finish it this week.. thats why  tongue.gif

CHI3f

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »

It's not that. We are trying to get the widescreen done before we release it. I would say about 98% of the images are done. I am not too worried about the images as they are easy enough to replace, I am worried about this widescreen cause I do not think either manturafs or I have a widescreen tv and you can't exactely test everything in the pc app.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14