xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Itv Skin  (Read 3222 times)

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »

Sorry I haven't been around much in the last couple days, it's been a very busy time for me.

Anyway, the first xmls for the homepage are together, (and looking quite good by the way) thanks to some great effort by manturafs.  I'm going to be working on a finished version of the music and weather icons (with transparency this time) over the next day or two.

Just asking anyone out there, are the weather icons ok'd for use with xbmc or PMIII?  I would like to keep them since I feel as though they are some of the best available, and creating my own would take a considerable ammount of time.

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »

Terc, if we get permission to use them I don't see why we couldn't. I will admit that it would be interesting to add our own touch later on. I should be working on the "movie" icon a little tonight and i should post a wip.

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2006, 01:05:00 AM »

Hey guys, finished a part of the imovie icon, but it seems my photobucket is a little slow to access, so i'll post tomorrow when i wake up.

manturafs, thanks for all your hard work on the xml - much appreciated, and will definitely make this project move along quite nicely wink.gif

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »

ok folks, now i can upload an image to show you what i've done so far.

IPB Image

i put a white border around so that the frame can be visible.

the one on the left is the original, the one in the center is a very close rendition of the original, and the right version is just a more color saturated version - which one is preferred?

looking at it now, i think the black border is a little too thick, so i'll change that in the next update

should be working on completing this tomorrow

c-2

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »

the middle one .. keep up the good work .. if you need any testing done lemme know :]

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »

Before mbay took over the movie icon I had taken a shot at it.  I scrapped all my work, but now I've come back to it to try to give our project an icon.  Let me know what you think of these first two.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I envision an old style, tivo like tv surrounding the "screen" I've got right now.

Now, I'm going to start taking suggestions for names for the skin, XBiTV is maybe temporary, I like it, but it started as a placeholder until something was decided on.  Any good ideas out there?

Loaded_Gun_Complex

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

The darker one is the better choice and if you need any other help let me know. Mbay can vouch for my skils tongue.gif

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

Terc, I do like the principle of the logo, and I must admit the darker one is very classy, but the blue one is also more lively. I'm still wondering about the (font, color, etc.) but this is great work! smile.gif

y'know, I was thinking we use the "scanline" for the screen part of the logo, what do you think?

LGC, nice to see you! smile.gif And yes, my friend, your skills are indeed vouch-able!

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2006, 01:54:00 AM »

I just got inspired to make a logo, so I will post this one first, then my second idea shortly. Afterwards, I will complete the "movie" icon smile.gif
IPB Image
2nd idea
IPB Image

Once - and if - there is a general consensus on a particular design, then I can elaborate the finite details.

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2006, 02:45:00 AM »

ok, last one for tonight.
IPB Image

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2006, 07:24:00 AM »

Nice, mbay.

I like the first one, and the third one would be good for a splash screen or something.

Just keep these images/icons rolling and we'll have an awesome looking skin in no time!

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »

thanks, edwinmcdunlap - yes, i will keep them rolling smile.gif

mstandlee

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

Hi. I would love to help on this. I can see this to become an aswome skin. I can help write xml's or with pic.'s or whatever needs done. I would also like to be a beta tester when your ready if there is nothing I can do to help. Pm me if you need some extra help. I am better at the xml's but I know how to use photoshop too.

mstandlee

manturafs

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »

nice job mbay!  i like the first one as well.  send me any graphics you have so far for me to integrate into the skin.

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »

Wow!

So we're approaching 2000 views... The skin is starting to develop, and my poor little xbox still is out of commission.  (Dead power supply)

Soo...

I've decided to build a new xbox/case

I'm looking for someone out there with a lot of knowledge on xbox hardware.  I'd like to showcase a mod along with the release of the skin.

The thing is, if I'm going to do this mod, it's going to look right.  And for that look, I'll be needing a slim pc drive instead of the one that comes with the xbox (see where I'm going with this yet?)

So, if there's someone out there that knows if this would be possible, or even better yet, if they could help me with the implementation, I would be forever gratefull.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And one more thing...

Stop back tomorrow, I've got a lot of things to say about this skin, where it's going and what it is aimed to accomplish.

So stick around, let me know you're out there, and keep that encouragement coming in!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14