xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Itv Skin  (Read 3221 times)

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

... And now we have a music icon.

IPB Image

I'm still going to be doing a lot of work on this, it is by no means a final image, but at least a good placeholder for the moment

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »

great work, Terc!!!!

thanks manturafs smile.gif glad to have you on the team

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »

Well, I should thank pAntoni (his website will be up here soon: www.infinisedesign.com)
He had done work on an iTunes 7 icon replacement which he game me permission to use in our little skin.  I just edited it to fit iTV.

I guess it's on to the tv and movies icon... I'm not sure about that podcast one... there really isn't a replacement for XBMC unless we use it for radio stations.  Give me some feedback on this everyone.  I've just wanted an iTV theme for XBMC, not a 100% acurate reproduction, but I'm willing to listen to what people want, since I'm now using Front Row as my media center anyways.

manturafs

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »

i was thinking of coding the podcasts to either be scripts or weather.  i know a lot of xbmc people use the weather feature on PM3 so it might be good to replace the podcast with that.  for now, that's what i thought about as i'm coding the homepage.

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

That seems like a great idea to me.

I think I can probably handle making a new icon for weather.

I'm also working on the settings icon, but I have nothing I'm happy with at the moment.  It's different than anything I've done before.

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »

pAntoni, thanks for the music icon smile.gif

manturafs, Terc - i think the weather idea an excellent one!

i'm be posting shortly the "picture frames" update and next up will be the "movie clapboard"

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 02:56:00 AM »

update on "picture frames" (wip)
IPB Image
i added contrast afterwards to accentuate the green hue, however i believe the final version will not require, or very little. and the green should be a little lighter as well.

the water frame is proving to be a little more of a feat that i would have thought, but i should be posting an update tomorrow on this.

any constructive feedback?

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

Great progress mbay.  I'm working more on the music icon, but I'm definatly excited to see what you come up with for movies.

manturafs

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

great progress so far guys.  i'm almost done finalizing the makeshift homepage (scrolling images is not perfect). just one last fix and i'll be moving on to other pages.  but not really sure how well this skin will turn out without it and i'm not sure how settings look llike in iTV either.

speaking of graphics though, can you make them transparent.  the black in the graphics messes up certain parts of the skin. that will help alot!

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

I'll post a screen of the settings tomorrow.  Must get some sleep tonight, I spent my free time today setting up my new Mac Mini, most of which was getting Xvid playback in Front Row, what a pain in the ass!  I've got to admit though, the Core Duos rock.  Encoding a 720x304 vid right now @ 23.9fps in h264 with AAC sound.  Sure is a step up from my old 1GHz P3... I'll stop rambling now.

manturafs

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »

i'll send you the finished homepage tomorrow (excluding updated graphics).  have you had a chance to look at the WIP yet?

i might also ask others to help code sections if that's cool.  that'll get the project done faster.

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »

ok folks, i've worked on the 2nd picture frame, but i'm still not satisfied with outcome - the color saturations will have to change, but you can get an idea where i'm going with this
IPB Image

thanks for any constructive feedback

c-2

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2006, 06:23:00 AM »

that looks great .. move onto the next picture :]

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »

lol, thanks for the compliment, c-2 smile.gif

maybe the blue on the 2nd picture frame should be a little darker? let us not forget that this "sample" icon is smaller in size and that the displayed icon in the actual skin will be much bigger.........but I suppose if need be I can always fix it up before the final version is released, so tonight I'll work on the movie "clapboard" icon.

*** EDIT ***

So I couldn't let it go. I tried changing the color scheme - I think I'm getting closer, but I'll leave it for now. Promise biggrin.gif
IPB Image

dhrandy1

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »

Nice mbay.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14