xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Media Center Edition 2006 V.6 Released  (Read 1363 times)

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Media Center Edition 2006 V.6 Released
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2006, 01:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Aug 2 2006, 01:38 PM) View Post

XBMC's built-in fader did not quite achieve the effect we were looking for, so I created an overlay image to do it instead. If there's a better way to do this, please tell me!

there is a better way and I did tell you  tongue.gif
but if you want to use your overlay images I bet if you made it the same size as the backround Image  with lots of transperancy around it then make it the same size as the background in the skins .xml file.   Then when XBMC is scaling the images it will scale both the same because it will have the same dimensions and sizes

but thats just my theory I havn't tried it

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2006, 05:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Aug 2 2006, 09:13 AM) View Post

there is a better way and I did tell you  tongue.gif
but if you want to use your overlay images I bet if you made it the same size as the backround Image  with lots of transperancy around it then make it the same size as the background in the skins .xml file.   Then when XBMC is scaling the images it will scale both the same because it will have the same dimensions and sizes

but thats just my theory I havn't tried it
I guess that could work. Create an overlay of 720x576, make everything transparent, except for the place where the menu should fade away, and scale them both to the desired resolution. Doesn't this sacrifice a lot (double) the memory-usage? Since a second picture equal the size of the background must be loaded...

Hades_666

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2006, 06:20:00 AM »

You guys are way to funny!!!!. That is what i'm doing now. I create the overlay to be the exacpt same demensions as the BG. So, in steps, i removed just hte middle piece where the buttonscroller is.

This was written before reading ZEPMAN's post. LMAO!!! Nice idea. smile.gif

As for the need for it. Edwin is correct. The built in buttonscroller fader does not give the same effect that we were going for. Hence, the reason the overaly was created. So what i did was make a png 720x576 which is completly transparent, then in the middle where the BS is... Added the top and bottom overaly faders.

So in theory this should work as XBMC will need to resize a 720x576 png instead of a 120x240~ one.
Hope it works.

BTW, i decided to host this skin skin on a separate site. Once, completed it will have everything required.

smile.gif

Hades_666

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2006, 07:00:00 AM »

Yep, that will work. happy.gif
I didn't know that mine would cause problems in PAL; I guess because I don't have a PAL Xbox tongue.gif

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Aug 2 2006, 03:07 PM) View Post

Yep, that will work. happy.gif
I didn't know that mine would cause problems in PAL; I guess because I don't have a PAL Xbox tongue.gif
Every Xbox is the same. With a little magic from Enigmah Video Switcher, you'll have a PAL Xbox within a minute!*

* = make sure that your equipment supports 576i...

tdw197

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2006, 10:05:00 AM »

Great skin and looks really great, but I'm having 1 problem but a serious one....

When I load the skin and exit out to the homepage, most of the titles and icons are missing.  I can just see the settings icon, and apps icons.

Everything else is gone.  I'm not too up on xbmc, but I'm not daft enough to miss the obvious fixes

My setup is:
ntsc xbox with component out to a hdtv
gui res is 720p
xbmc version is cvs 666 tvch

any help would be much appreciated, as i really like the look of this skin

tom

This post has been edited by tdw197: Aug 5 2006, 05:06 PM

Tickethead

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

Upgrade to the latest build... things are changing fast...

Hades_666

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

Hey Jaydee,

Could you move this topic?

Hades_666

conners

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »

Awesome skin, been using it for a while now, and come up with a few suggestions for it

1, add Play DVD to the scroller menu above my programs like in the real Media centre.

2, option to disable RSS feed instead of just music

3, Presume the saves manger will be coming as it coded already

4, The short-cuts for my programs, could be used to goto emulators, applications, games

5, Lower the login information when right thumb is pressed, possible align it with the media centre logo (Mine shows logged in as Conners in the upper right and would look better in on line with the media centre text and logo)

6, system information details need to be moved up as the bottom text isnt on the screen

7, when in file manager, the objects counter is covered over if you use the default sources.xml

8, Possible to add the gap in the scroller menu like in real media center, so you know you`re returning to the top on the list again.

9, possible to add the volume bar from media centre (White bar with blue bar moving up it) instead of the current 1

10, when music is being played, have the counter in the lower right corner instead on lower left and use a similar display screen to the real media centre, with the big album art and track info below it.

11, right i`ll stop now lol

PS is there a guide on how to extract the sounds from windows media centre already installed on a pc, and not the discs? so i can add the real sounds to mine.

Little-G

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

is it legal for those sounds to be included? seing as the start.wav from mce is already there.

conners

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

well if you own media cemtre then it doesnt matter cause the sounds can be extracted and added to the skin, same as the sounds in the MC 360 skin, they can be added to that skin if you wanted to

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2006, 12:07:00 AM »

got sounds to work - thanks for the tut, The Zep Man smile.gif

Hades_666, this skin is a really nice skin and I thank you for bringing it to xbmc. great work smile.gif

conners

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

Had a few more ideas about the skin, i really like this skin, and wanna try and keep coming up with stuff to make it look more orginal, anyway

11, change the first letter from Upper case to lower case, example my programs screen, where it says "Programs" would look better in"programs" and be further up into the top left

12, swap the case of My Programs in programs page so it reads MY PROGRAMS instead like the real media centre

13, restructure the main scroller menu to something like below

Play DVD

Online Gaming

My Programs

My Videos

My Pictures

My Music

Other Programs

Settings

**GAP**

**GAP**

14, Place my files, my weather, etc into the other programs screen instead of being on the main scroller

15, possbile to add recently viewed stuff to my pictures, recently listened to my music etc

16, add which tab is highlighted on the scroller on start-up

I wont carry on as i dont know if these can be added to the skin, and dont wanna seem like im adding more stuff to an already awesome skin

Hades_666

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »

Conners.

Not at all.... Thanks for the suggestions and i like alot of them.

Ill send you a PM with access to dl it as i work on it. And as for coding, wanna help.? Go nuts, add things and upload, i check it and we can use it.

Sound good.

Hades_666

conners

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

cool, well i`ll look forward to helping code, and seeing if i can help improve this awesome skin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5