xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 974 times)

lorddalvidiii

• Archived User
Help Please
« on: October 17, 2006, 03:36:00 AM »

i have just downloaded, and 'installed' a few car mods to my xbox version of SA, but none of the cars are showing up, i heard something about clearing caches, buthow do i do that? is it just deleting all the files or something?

this is realy frustrating me, so thankyou to anyone who can help me..

82_Z28

• Archived User
Help Please
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »

the term clearing your disc cache is deleting all the files in the following directories
X:
Y:
Z:

lorddalvidiii

• Archived User
Help Please
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 01:22:00 AM »

ok i got *most* of the mods working... i'm having trouble with a few.... anyway, i'm constantly having the game freeze.... there are also several files in my Z folder... does that have anything to do with the freezing?

mikenewf

• Archived User
Help Please
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »

use cargrp.dat to stop them from spawn in traffic, and use the all in 1 mod to spawn your moded car

82_Z28

• Archived User
Help Please
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 01:09:00 PM »

everytime you run the game, it stores temporary files in the X, Y, and Z drives because 64MB of ram fills up too quickly.
When you run the same game twice in a row, sometimes the xbox re-uses the files in its X,Y,and Z drives instead of re-loading them, hence your faster loading time.

the problem with modding is, if the files you mod, are different that the files in the X, Y, Z, drives, the game will crash.

but if you delete these files, the game will have to reload the fresh modded files.

The game caches the gta3.img file and a few others i think.
any mods that involve these files need the cache cleared everytime you make a change.

lorddalvidiii

• Archived User
Help Please
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 11:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(mikenewf @ Oct 19 2006, 04:38 AM) View Post

use cargrp.dat to stop them from spawn in traffic, and use the all in 1 mod to spawn your moded car

how do i stop them from spawning? do i just delete the cars name in the file?