xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xm Satellite Script  (Read 1287 times)

highlife

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« on: July 17, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »

This script will allow you to access XM satellite radio online through XBMC.  It requires an XM online account.  Thanks to Mike Rosack for his Sirius script, which served as a template for this effort. You need to update the RunXm file with your login and password.

Post here if you have any issues.

XBMCxm 0.1

Highlife

brian417

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

THANK YOU!   It works great and I can live without the song titles displayed, I had pretty much given up on anybody making a script for this. I'm sure there will be many others who will be as thrilled as I am once they find out it's availible.

el pico

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »

Excellent job.  I am thrilled you took the time to do this.  Do you think there is any way to get a visualization to work with this?  Or maybe keep the audio playing as you go back to the XBMC main menu.  Either way, nice job.

twinkler

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »

Love the script for XM Radio but there is not listing for channel 30 -34.  The Christian music.  Could you tell me how to alter the py code to get it to show up in the GUI.

highlife

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »

I haven't tried this out, but you should be able to change in the XmBase.py file, the following line:

CODE
genres = ['Decades', 'Country', 'Hits', 'Rock', 'Urban', 'Jazz & Blues', 'Lifestyle', 'Dance', 'World', 'Latin', 'Classical', 'Kids']

to

CODE
genres = ['Decades', 'Country', 'Hits', 'Christian', 'Rock', 'Urban', 'Jazz & Blues', 'Lifestyle', 'Dance', 'World', 'Latin', 'Classical', 'Kids']

You will probably also need to delete your compiled .pyc files for the change to take effect.  Post if that works and I will post an update.

dalime

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »

This script will allow you to access XM satellite radio online through XBMC.

beerchug.gif  I love you man  beerchug.gif

twinkler

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

Where can I find the complied.pyc files?

QUOTE(highlife @ Jul 26 2005, 08:26 PM)
I haven't tried this out, but you should be able to change in the XmBase.py file, the following line:

CODE
genres = ['Decades', 'Country', 'Hits', 'Rock', 'Urban', 'Jazz & Blues', 'Lifestyle', 'Dance', 'World', 'Latin', 'Classical', 'Kids']

to
CODE
genres = ['Decades', 'Country', 'Hits', 'Christian', 'Rock', 'Urban', 'Jazz & Blues', 'Lifestyle', 'Dance', 'World', 'Latin', 'Classical', 'Kids']

You will probably also need to delete your compiled .pyc files for the change to take effect.  Post if that works and I will post an update.

cufarley

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »

I've installed the new XBMC (8/2/05) with XM Radio script, edited the username and password in the script, but it doesn't connect.  All I get is a black screen.  What am I doing wrong?

Is there some settings I need to updat in the XMBC initialization file?

sad.gif

twinkler

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »

I changed the XmBase.py file but when I go into select the added "Christian" it doesn't have any stations to select. Any suggestions.

QUOTE(highlife @ Jul 26 2005, 08:26 PM)

CODE

to
CODE

You will probably also need to delete your compiled .pyc files for the change to take effect.  Post if that works and I will post an update.

NewNole2001

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »

Everybody who likes this script just head on over to XBMCScripts.com and check out my new XMROforXBMCv0.9.1 script.  I built on the existing script to provide a much better experience.  Here's a list of some of the new features:
1. Dynamically updated genre, channel, and song lists.
2. See channel name and what's playing on it at the same time.
3. Cures cancer. ;-)

I'm still updating this script when I have a few minutes to do so.. But I'm not planning to submit it to XBMCScripts until I'm confident in calling the code 1.0

s1w

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »

I haven't looked at your code yet but in your opinion is it possible to support the XMD1000 universal XM Direct tuner?

I ask this because wireless internet is not available in my region so I wouldn't be able to connect to the internet for my CarXBOX (Xbox modded for my car).

At home this is perfect because I have a lan setup for my PC's & HomeXbox.

What do you think?

macwizard

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »

Since I don't know enough Python to get the "XMROforXBMCv0.9.1" to work and the author (NewNole2001) seems to have given up on the project (new job and projects weighing him down), I have just gone ahead and updated the channel guide on the only other XM Radio script I know about that actually still works (XBMCxm 0.1 by highlife). Just grab this file XmBase.zip and replace the one in the original script with it (located in /xm0.1/XmLib/XmBase.py). That will give you the missing/updated channels/genres from the original release.

NewNole2001

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 02:17:00 PM »

Is there any interest in me updating this script?

I completely rewrote the library that handles all communication with XM's servers back in February to help with some work I had been doing for a separate project.

As such, if I were to update this script, it would be almost a complete rewrite (but much cleaner code, b/c when i went back to this code for that project I almost threw up looking at how horrible of a job I did).

Also, I now have an HDTV, so if I do the script I would try to make it look nice in both 480i and 720p.  I can't promise anything at 1080i, since my HDTV will downscale to 720p.

I just need a few people to let me know to give me the motivation  smile.gif

el pico

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »

Temendous interest!

Flamez

• Archived User
Xm Satellite Script
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

YES!!!!!   I have been waiting on an Update to this script!!   Thank you so much for all your hard work!!
Pages: [1] 2