xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Script Posibility  (Read 81 times)

timdog82001

• Archived User
Script Posibility
« on: January 21, 2007, 03:52:00 AM »

Has anybody considered trying to make a script to stream tv shows from the official TV network websites?  Others in the past have been problematic because they're usually illegal and get shut down in a few months anyway, but for those of you who don't know, most of the major TV networks...ABC, CBS, NBC, so on....have started making entire episodes available to view on their websites, for some shows, every episode of a series is available to see.  It would be cool to have a legit way to stream TV to the xbox, anyway.  I'm not sure if this is possible, perhaps there isn't a consistent way to be able to grab the shows without having to update the script on a weekly basis, but if that isn't a problem, it would definitely be a cool thing.

mike315

• Archived User
Script Posibility
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »

I believe its certainly possible.  I think most of them use the same type of flash player that youtube and dailymotion use. They are likely just .flv files with the vp7 codec...which XBMC can play(just like the youtube script)...

The player link is here: http://video.nbc.com/embed/rewind_1-1/embedded.swf

But it pulls the .flv from a bunch of javascripts, which I have no patience to try and figure out...

I was honestly hoping that the video downloader extension for Firefox could do it, so we could reverse engineer it more...but it doesn't.