xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Awsome African Water Hole Cam  (Read 231 times)

Tickethead

• Archived User
Awsome African Water Hole Cam
« on: October 17, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

Found a great streaming cam of a watering hole in Africa.  Lots of animals and it even has night vision... pretty cool...

Just open up a text editor and copy the line below into it and rename it to AfricanCam.strm.  Place in a share folder on your network and BAM!  Africa in your living room!   Works like a charm!

http://live.wildlife.wavelit.net/451OK

Enjoy....

This post has been edited by Tickethead: Oct 17 2006, 10:23 PM

nuka1195

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

Nice find.

Thanks

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 04:34:00 AM »

This is great!

Booker T

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »

"the video you are watching is pirated" LOL.

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »

hah, wasnt doing that yesterday... pity, it was cool as.

mike315

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »

mms://live.wildlife.wavelit.net/6192NKP

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)

Tickethead

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »

Yup, we noticed this as well last night....  What the hell is that about?  Oh well, thanks mike for the new link...

BTW, that was kind of a spooky looking warning page wasn't it?

akaigotchi

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tickethead @ Feb 8 2007, 04:37 AM) View Post

Yup, we noticed this as well last night....  What the hell is that about?  Oh well, thanks mike for the new link...

BTW, that was kind of a spooky looking warning page wasn't it?

I am going to find out which country the water hole is from and I will add it to the Webcams section of xbmc-strm-collection on http://code.google.c...strm-collection . I just found some more water hole cams from Africa and I will add them aswell. If you don't want to check out from SVN you will be able to find it in the next streampack that will be released on tuesday. Download is available from the site.

Cheers
akaigotchi

mike315

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 07:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(akaigotchi @ Feb 8 2007, 05:01 PM) *

I am going to find out which country the water hole is from and I will add it to the Webcams section of xbmc-strm-collection on http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-strm-collection . I just found some more water hole cams from Africa and I will add them aswell. If you don't want to check out from SVN you will be able to find it in the next streampack that will be released on tuesday. Download is available from the site.

Cheers
akaigotchi

http://www.wavelit.com/

"Nkorho Bush Lodge is situated in the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve and shares an unfenced border with the Kruger National Park. An African Jewel, with a diverse abundance of wildlife."

South Africa...

I honestly havent added it yet due to the fact that they changed the stream...and I wasn't sure how often they do that...been monitoring it. Go for it though if you want. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Edit:

Grouse Mountain Bears:
mms://live.wildlife.wavelit.net/gmrep004

Completely boring stream though...since its winter and they are hibernating lol...it'll get added though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by mike315: Feb 9 2007, 03:46 PM

mikenewf

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

ya reall nice find, i'm still waitin 4 some action tho lol

Tickethead

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »

I know the URL was good from oct. of last year through Jan. of this year... Lets hope they just switched ISP's or something...

By the way, we have noticed tons of animal action around 11 or 12 pm CST... Just after dawn at the watering hole...

Thanks for adding this to the XBMC Stream...  Cool project!

akaigotchi

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 08:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tickethead @ Feb 13 2007, 05:03 AM) View Post

Thanks for adding this to the XBMC Stream...  Cool project!

You are all very welcome smile.gif Unluckily enough I didn't make it to get the stream added to the collection, as my DSL router died this weekend and all my spare time went into resuscitation of this little bastard. Didn't succeed with it, so I bought a new router yesterday, which I first had to put up. So now that everything is configured I will move on adding new stuff to the strm-collection. Adding the cam will be on my priority list for tonight, so you should be able to check it out from SVN around 2200 GMT+1 tonight. If you have trouble checking out from SVN or don't know how to do it, just leave me a PM, I will send you a link to a precompiled pack.

BTW, I've just added a precompiled snapshot to the strm-collection. It is a snapshot of SVN revision 58 and holds around 200 LIVE TV channels and LIVE webcams from all over the world. Make sure to check back on the xbmc-strm-collection often, as the project will mature within the next few days (Some major changes coming up smile.gif )

Cheers
akaigotchi

Tickethead

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »

I just wanted to update the African Watering Hole Cam address.  It seems to change every few months...

mms://live.wildlife.wavelit.net/AF5791-3

Just  place this in a text editor and rename the file to .strm file and your good to go!

By the way, I found a nice little app that helps me find the media URL's for these streams and I have to say it makes things very easy.  URL Snooper2 is a free app and works like a charm!

Here is the link to their site if anyone wants to give it a go...

http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mous...oper/index.html

This post has been edited by Tickethead: Apr 1 2007, 04:12 PM

nuka1195

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

thank you, i enjoy watching this feed late at night here as the suns rising there.