xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: P2p Live Tv  (Read 125 times)

bios

• Archived User
P2p Live Tv
« on: April 15, 2006, 07:23:00 AM »

Would it be possible and easy 2 create a script for watching P2P TV.
It seems 2 be the future.
Main reason for asking this is that soccer matches in Holland are only shown on pay-tv, this had let 2 a community streaming (P2P) matches.
And think P2P streaming wil take of in the future, streaming movies for example.
Why should u download a film burn it watch it and store the dvd only 2 never see it again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) if u could just watch and forget.

But anyway, how mutch work would it be???

grindar

• Archived User
P2p Live Tv
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »

Why should u download a film burn it watch it and store the dvd only 2 never see it again

This say Pirate to anyone else? GAR! Time to walk the plank matey!

Jaxter

• Archived User
P2p Live Tv
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 01:14:00 PM »

Thought the same thingy m8y. Just didnt wanna be on my own and get flamed for it  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

bios

• Archived User
P2p Live Tv
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »

Ofcourse i was talking about legal films like from studentfilms web and payed downloads last week overhere
in Holland it was possible to download the latest Harry Poter if u payed for it.
I know u guy all have loads of illegal avi's on youre xbox but i asurre you i only have my personal home vids and dvd backups.
But all b.s. aside P2P tv is also used to create youre own tv station without a server.

So my question remains is it posible

mike315

• Archived User
P2p Live Tv
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »

Welp I guess it depends on which p2p tv technology you are referring to...

coolstreaming, peercast, and onion networks(swarm cast) are a few of them...and each uses a different mechanism to do the actual streaming...

I have used the peercast winamp plugin and had that output its own internal stream, and created a .pls for it to play on the xbox...

guess it really depends on what you are going for...i wouldnt expect support to be built into xbmc for any of these protocols...and i don't think any python script is gonna cut it...

a python script may be able to access an interface on a host computer that maybe pushed the video to you...sorta like a client running on your computer that has a webpage, and a link that would start the p2p stream and a client like vlc to push the forwarded stream to the xbmc script...

if it sounds like its over your head...its because it probably is.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)