xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Setting Up Help?  (Read 836 times)

darkmast3r

• Archived User
Xbox Live Setting Up Help?
« on: December 11, 2005, 03:17:00 PM »

Hi guys, looking for some advice.

I live in the uk and using aol broadband, i'm wanting to connect to xbox live but my pc is upstairs and my 360 is downstairs.

Is it possible for me to by a dsl modem and connect that via ethernet cable to my 360, then plug into my phone socket to connect to live or would I have to go via my pc?

~jeff~

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 08:09:00 PM »

ok, so what you need to do is gat a wireless router, hook it in to the back of your modem, and then buy the wireless networking adaptor, which is a waste of money, so what i did, was i moved the dsl moden and wireless router up into my room, and i bought a wireless dlink usb adaptor and attached it to my pc.
Everything works great and my 360 is in my room and my pc is downstairs and the are both connected to the internet. and it only cost me about 60 dollars wih a sale they had on at futureshop biggrin.gif

and as far as i know you cannot buy a second dsl modem, i talked to the people at shaw, and they said that if you do that you basically have to pay for the internet twice.

~jeff~

Mike46669

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »

Yea man as far as buying another modem goes, from what i know you would have to have the internet twice because if you get it your suppose to pay for another IP address and thats what your basically paying for with the service,

If your low on money i'd say just get a 50 foot ethernet cord and run it along the wall down to your xbox, thats what i have to do. but if you got some cash to play with just get the wireless router and the adapter for the 360