xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modding A Xbox 360 Controller To Be Used On A Windows Pc  (Read 130 times)

Ag565

• Archived User
Modding A Xbox 360 Controller To Be Used On A Windows Pc
« on: March 10, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

Hey, I made the dumb mistake of buying a wireless Xbox 360 controller to use for my pc and when I got home and opened it, I discovered that it is exclusively for the Xbox 360, which they never said on the back of the controller, but rather in the manual inside the packaging.  So now I have no way of returning it and I'd rather not waste $50 dollars, so I was wondering if there is a way to mod the controller to be used on a windows xp pc.  Any suggestions are appreciated...thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).

This post has been edited by Ag565: Mar 11 2006, 02:14 AM

Do0kie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »

No, it isnt possible. Buy a 360 if you don't have one, or you can send it to me for free.

taikwondoejoe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 06:34:00 PM »

Sell it in the BST.

Sloppy Fat Dump

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »

Can't you just use a play and charge kit?
It'll cost you another 20 bucks but it connect to USB.  I've got one.  Let me try it out real quick.

Alright, I plugged it into my computer and it charges...  *DUH (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) *  But, get this.  It's recognized by my computer as a "USB Device."  I scanned for hardware for this "USB Device" and there is none *DUH*

I think I can safetly conclude that the play and charge only "streams" power and not data.

You might say that you can find the hardware for the device.  WRONG!  I've got a wired 360 controller and it's software is already installed on my computer.  The wired one works fine.

This post has been edited by Sloppy Fat Dump: Mar 11 2006, 07:26 AM

Tripme

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

The only ones that will work on ur pc are the wired ones.