xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Zx360 48k Spectrum Emulator For Xbox 360  (Read 548 times)

JonesyJ

• Archived User
Zx360 48k Spectrum Emulator For Xbox 360
« on: February 10, 2007, 04:08:00 AM »

Hi all, I have just released my first version, see:

http://www.codeplex.com/zx360

For screenshots, video and sourcecode

Enjoy!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

andi_06

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 05:05:00 AM »

very nice mate, thankyou for your work.  smile.gif

Mr_Milenko

• TeamUIX
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »

cool.. and who said we couldnt use homebrew on the 360.. damn heathens.. lol
the stuff is relativly simple right now, but as time progresses who knows.. keep up the good work

freyyr890

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »

Now we just have to hope Microsoft realizes that they really ought to release XNA runtime as freeware... they can still charge for the compiler, but what's the point of allowing authors to write something that they can't distribute?  IT'S THEIR OWN CODE, after all...

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 12:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(freyyr890 @ Feb 12 2007, 06:05 AM) View Post

Now we just have to hope Microsoft realizes that they really ought to release XNA runtime as freeware...
Will not happen.

they can still charge for the compiler,
No they can't. A certain version of Visual Studio has already been declared 'free'.

but what's the point of allowing authors to write something that they can't distribute?  IT'S THEIR OWN CODE, after all...
They can distribute their own code. Just look at the start post.

xtreme_360fw

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 01:55:00 AM »

Wow, those games sure bring back some memories!  Great work, can't wait to see it get bigger and better!  This is only the beginning!

=Xtreme=

dr3yec

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 04:25:00 AM »

This is just stupid. I dont mean the homebrew apps. What is stupid is the price M$ charges to do this. Just pure BS. I hope someone can figure out how to play with stuff for free on 360. Then I would be first to be interested. But as it stands M$ can keep it.

oozingrectum

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 06:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(dr3yec @ Feb 12 2007, 12:32 PM) View Post

This is just stupid. I dont mean the homebrew apps. What is stupid is the price M$ charges to do this. Just pure BS. I hope someone can figure out how to play with stuff for free on 360. Then I would be first to be interested. But as it stands M$ can keep it.

It's not as if there are developer/publishers claiming they're "loosing millions of dollars to piracy", because it's all homebrewed.

Something like that.. Eh, posting half-asleep.

Ontopic: Nice job with the emulator. smile.gif

mr-smith

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 06:46:00 AM »

Now we just have to hope Microsoft realizes that they really ought to release XNA runtime as freeware

How true. Lets hope Microsoft see some sense and actually give these games away for free on the marketplace or allow home coders the chance to publish their own software.

Microsoft, I know your listening, Who exactly is gonna fork out $99 for the chance to play these games and then fart about with everything that comes with it?

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 07:38:00 AM »

People with Jobs can afford it (I'm looking for one hehe). 99$ aint so bad when you got a job. Well if you think about it, the original developer has paid for it. Gee everyone just wants things for free nowadays.

Nice work, and to the people who said they couldn't run things at 100% on XNA must be smoking or something in the last thread laugh.gif

Now we need XBMC jester.gif

OmegaSupreme

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »

has everyone been brainwashed or what!? blink.gif
seriously i have a really good job and i am not paying $99 bucks a year
for homebrew. the 400 dollars for my 360 was a big enough dent
in my wallet, and i am just not paying for homebrew.
no way.

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 08:18:00 AM »

These Dev's put a hell of alot of time and there OWN money out of there OWN wallets to make all this happen for us, an all you can do is piss and whine because you are not going to pay $99.00 a year for this. Yet you will Fork out $400.00 for a gaming platform, and then anywhere from $29.99 for $59.99 for the games? Personally your just a selfish son of a bit*h. If you cant pay $99.00 a year for this then you don't deserve it. Yes someday there may be a way for free, but still support these Dev's!! Don't complain about prices, you know that m$ charges high for everything even tho we know it never meets 'our' expectations. Please tho don't come to the scene and cry about it not being free. Makes you look more and more like a damn pirate.

Ive put my 2.4322 cents in.

mr-smith

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »

Who you kiddin? Forking out $400 for a gaming console and then yearly for live is more than enough! The only people stopping things like this from becoming mainstream is microsoft through its greed.

Kudos to people like Jonesy for making these types of emulators, I just wish MS would provide him a decent platform so everyone with a console could try out his good work for themselves!

Fred_PJ

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »

Sure, it's definitely not right, but if the code ran everywhere, unlicensed games (with uncontrolled content) would be (illegally) sold.

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »

If you would realize how much it actually cost's to create and maintain these things you would think a bit differently. Most people don't really give a rip. We all basically hate M$ yet we use there products. We all piss and moan about there prices, yet we still buy there products. Free is always nice. The $99.00 may be steep to some beginners and pro's, some people can afford it some cant. But if your in the dev business, your going to be spending money no matter how ya look at it. sitting at home on your puter creating an emulator probably wont cost ya much except time. But creating software that allows others to create costs alot of money and even more time.

Its great what these people are doing to make things free for us, but in the end there are more leechers than supporters. People that don't care as long as the devs keep em comming.

money is tight for half the world, life sucks, everything costs too much. nothings free, i want i want i want.
thats all ya hear now days anywhere ya are.

U don't have to buy it, u can wait for a dev to do something about it. Complaining isnt going to do anything to make anything better. except get ya flamed.

Now we need XBMC

lol thats what the 360 is, they learned from the xbmc devs lol

This post has been edited by 1nsan3: Feb 12 2007, 06:10 PM
Pages: [1] 2